Bristol Bloodhound

The Airfix model of the Bloodhound remains popular in spite of all its imperfections and I confess to having a few stashed away, though I've not built one for a few years. Idly surfing EBay recently I came across what looks like an exquisite 3D model of a Bloodhound on its stand, the only drawback for me was that it was available in 1/87 or 1/43.5 scale. On request however the modeller (inner-leaf) has run some off at 1/72 scale and a few are now available on EBay at what I think is a reasonable price. I'm looking forward to receiving the ones I've ordered and I'll let you know what I think. He can run the models off at 1/76 too, again on request. I don't know who 'inner-leaf' is but it looks as though he's done some of us a great favour!

Very interesting, thanks.

The eBay item is indeed very keenly priced for a 3D printed model. After a bit of searching, the same item is listed on Shapeways (it shows the same renders at least) at significantly greater cost ($100), even for the 1/87 version. It would be great to see some photos of the kit when you get it. Always had a thing for the Bloodhound.

regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pictures Sniper. I too am very pleased, not to say hugely impressed, with the models I bought. My thoughts have now turned to the fun of painting them.......

• 4 weeks later...

Noted pack of 3 1/144 Bristol Bloodhound from same seller. Any one purchased said models and can post a photo or comment on details if of same quality as 1/72 photo's posted above. Would look great along side of 1/144 V force of bombers. Many thanks in advance