Eurofighter Bronze Tiger

Karlo

7 hours ago, drake122 said:

There is a Revell kit called Eurofighter Bronze Tiger in 72nd, so yeah I'm pretty sure those decals are available...

To my knowledge there is a Revell one in 1/144 and 1/48 "only"

21 hours ago, drake122 said:

my mistake...

I thought this one has markings from Bronze Tiger as well

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/977402-revell-03952-eurofighter-typhoon

I have that one in the stash and it only has markings for the aircraft on the front.

Neal

It's possible to do as a home-paint job; just do your research (plenty of photos on the web) and take your time. This one is actually 1/48 scale, but it was built 2+ years ago, way before either of the Revell kits were released.

410015173.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, techniquest said:

It's possible to do as a home-paint job; just do your research (plenty of photos on the web) and take your time. This one is actually 1/48 scale, but it was built 2+ years ago, way before either of the Revell kits were released.

410015173.jpg

Could you help me with building proces and colors please ? I don't have air brush tho :/

• Like 1

Ok, please do you have your work in proggres here ? Where could i find some reference photos ? And i Wonder what colors should i use for this claw marks where you can see tigger eyes ? If you could send me some link or anything i would be greatful. I just got Revell EF 1/72 for my birthday present. Thank you alot

Karlo - there are reference photos all over the place; just google 'Bronze Tiger Typhoon' and a whole host of images should come up. Here are some: Typhoon Tiger

The colours I used for the main bronze were Tamiya copper (XF6) mixed with a little clear orange. The claw marks and tiger eyes were home-made decals. Have a look at the links here for both mine and 'Takamota's' original threads about our builds.

Bronze Tiger

Takamotas Tiger

Edited by techniquest
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎.‎4‎.‎2017‎. at 8:57 AM, techniquest said:

Karlo - there are reference photos all over the place; just google 'Bronze Tiger Typhoon' and a whole host of images should come up. Here are some: Typhoon Tiger

The colours I used for the main bronze were Tamiya copper (XF6) mixed with a little clear orange. The claw marks and tiger eyes were home-made decals. Have a look at the links here for both mine and 'Takamota's' original threads about our builds.

Bronze Tiger

Takamotas Tiger

Thank you very much ! I will start my build soon i hope, work is making some serious pressure atm !

Absolutely nothing prevents you from taking a peek at the Revell Bronze Tiger instructions, that very conveniently are in colour:

https://www.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/03949_%23BAU_EUROFIGHTER_BRONZE_TIGER.PDF

And you can also take a look at what the decal sheet looks like at:

https://www.mojehobby.pl/products/Eurofighter-Bronze-Tiger.html

Just click on the picture and it will become quite large

• 1 year later...
On 22/04/2017 at 07:57, techniquest said:

Bronze Tiger

Takamotas Tiger

Just bumping this. @techniquest. I'm just building this and was trying to get the colour right. 

You mixed Copper XF6 with orange clear gloss X26? What ratio? 75-25 as suggested in the instruction guide?

Edited by Sharknose

Cheers Paul. I've done a bit of messing and will mix in the ordinary orange gloss. Might not be right but a test of the paint made me happy and if different then great. I'm  never winning awards so I'll settle for that.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 2:12 PM, PhoenixII said:

@Sharknose The colour used was from the AUDI range called 'pearlorange metallic' made by Standox, RAL2013. Design for the Bronze Tiger was done by one of the guys on here, who goes by the name of @bushande 

HTH

Paul

Alexander Breuning (Bushande) designed the last Eurofighter "Ghost Tiger". The Eurofighter Bronze Tiger was designed by Martin Lecherbauer.

Thanks for that @JayBee must have misconstrued @bushande original post and substituted the design. The colour though is correct, as bushande reported being told the colour by the paint shop. Shame that the Ghost Tiger scheme was so short lived.

Paul

• 2 years later...
On 3/27/2019 at 11:18 PM, JayBee said:

Alexander Breuning (Bushande) designed the last Eurofighter "Ghost Tiger". The Eurofighter Bronze Tiger was designed by Martin Lecherbauer.

Does anybody have any idea where I can get this paint?
Ive looked on the Standox website but cant seem to find it.

7 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get this paint?
Ive looked on the Standox website but cant seem to find it.

It is not Standox Exclusive. Just do a search for "RAL 2013" at Google.

But I think it is a better idea to mix the colors using modelling paints.

Original colors for 1:1 cars and similar have too coarse metallic pigments. In my opinion it looks not good on using this paints on small scale models.

• Like 2