Air-Graphic Model Trading 1/72 Wasp conversion?

RobertF

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but: 

Air-Graphic Model Trading allegedly are preparing to release a conversion set for turning the Airfix 1/72 Scout into a RN Wasp.

The company is on Facebook, but I'm not (and will not), so I can't check this news. Does anyone know if this company has a website, as all my Google attempts only come up with the Facebook link? And while I'm at it, any comments on the quality of their products?

Best regards,

Robert

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no mention of it on their Facebook page, a few ropey kits for sale, a few requests for master makers for 1/72nd and a notice that they have taken on some older masters for ground equipment kits. Nothing really exciting to be honest. 

It may turn out to be a conversion looking for a kit. While I'm sure there are Scouts in stashes all over the country, releasing an item that has to go with a long out-of-production model, and one that already needs a lot of work to bring it up to scratch before you even do anything else, is a bold step. Perhaps a better option would have been to have just produced a new kit in the first place.

• Like 4

It is a conv for the Airfix kit. There is another thread covering all the announced releases and you can read the small print at the bottom of the image. 

Freightdog have had a Wasp resin kit crawling to release for a long time now. 

Edited by JamesP

4 hours ago, T7 Models said:

It may turn out to be a conversion looking for a kit. While I'm sure there are Scouts in stashes all over the country, releasing an item that has to go with a long out-of-production model, and one that already needs a lot of work to bring it up to scratch before you even do anything else, is a bold step. Perhaps a better option would have been to have just produced a new kit in the first place.

Absolutely, the airfix kit is very difficult to find, you have to question the logic of producing a conversion for a 1966 tooled kit that has been out of production since 1998 .

When it was announced under the previous incarnation, whose name escapes me at the moment (I know, I know !), it was to be a full kit. Here's hoping, or perhaps I should say "double hoping".

16 hours ago, JamesP said:

'cos people have them in the stash hoping to find the even rarer Airwaves conv. 

I've got one like that, in my case originally made as a Jordanian Scout but now dismantled & awaiting a Wasp conversion.

Steve.

• Like 1

Just to update you, JamesP is quite correct, our complete kit is still crawling to the finish line, but I suspect it will get there before the conversion does! I'm hoping to have the final masters in my hand next month, had a look at them at Cosford and they are looking very smart indeed, we are 90% there now.

Colin     

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Not even sure Air Graphics is a registered business or company - by the looks of their future releases they appear to be pirates of copyrighted material just look at what they have done with the MRH-90 future release the main photo on their cover/box top/marketing is clearly ripped off Airliners.net and they have chopped off the photographers credit/ copyright.

Not to be trusted...shonks 

17021843_970293889771147_179803582818187

2512221.jpg?v=v40

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/photos/a.891187194348484.1073741835.876430732490797/1136363426497525/?type=3&theater

Air-Graphics new 1/72 Scale Westland Wasp will be injection moulded with resin details and is being produced in cooperation with another model company. This should be available early March/April 2018.
This will be followed by a new Westland Scout, also injection moulded.

V.P.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Armadillos said:

Is there any connection between these guys and the old Model Alliance/Aviation Workshop as some of there stuff looks familiar as stuff they used to do?

Yes it is the same owner of both Model Alliance / Aviation Workshop and now Air Graphics, that being Gary Madgewick so some of the stuff is just the old stuff re-released, looks like some items will be newer and or tweaked. 

I know some of the old team have not got involved with the new venture. 

Well I sure hope permission has been given by the photographer on Airliners.net as above, if it has then al should be ok, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Armadillos said:

Is there any connection between these guys and the old Model Alliance/Aviation Workshop as some of there stuff looks familiar as stuff they used to do?

Yes. link

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

Yes. link

V.P.

I remember that incident hence why i was a tad confused as i thought when Hannants bought Aviation Workshop/Model Alliance they got everything ie decals and resin masters the lot?

Well, I was not aware of the situation described in the article the link directs you to.

But I did order Air Graphics' 1/72 Chinook resin air filters about a month ago through their website.  No problems whatsoever and the product turned up here in no time and in excellent condition. So perhaps some benefit of the doubt is in order here?

• Like 1