A little 748

Hawker Siddeley HS748 Series 2A

LAV Aeropostal, Venezuela, early 1970s

Models%20April%202017A%20029.jpg~original

This is the S&M 1/144 resin kit with decals from Classic-Airlines.com.

The resin parts looked so nice when I took them out of the box, but turned into a bit of a challenge to finish. Things like the angles of the engine nacelles and difficulty in getting the rear fuselage to a nice point are still there to hint of the assembly issues. The prop blades are also a bit thin, but hey its a 748. I used the Aeropostal decals because they just look pretty, and it’s the kind of scheme we might have seen on a 748 at Farnborough in the mid 60s.

Models%20April%202017A%20033.jpg~original

Models%20April%202017A%20030.jpg~original

Models%20April%202017A%20028.jpg~original

Models%20April%202017A%20026.jpg~original

Finish is Tamiya Gloss White over Xtracrylix Light Aircraft Grey. Engine nacelles are 'Rub N Buff'. De-icing strips are provided in the Classic-Airlines decal sheet.

Chris

• Like 23

Hello,Chris - My full compliments to you on a beautifully built and finished model of the 'AVRO 748'.I've always loved this type,having flown on them a couple of times on family holidays.This has rekindled many happy memories for me and I thank you for that.

😉👍All the best,Paul.

Hi Chris,

Super little 748 you have there!

I'm working on an S&M 748 at the moment and although miles better than the Welsh Models kit I agree it does present some challenges. I'm still not 100% happy with the angle of my engines.

You've certainly achieved a beautiful finish and it's always nice to see an aeroplane with wire aerials!

Cheers,

Ian

Very nice indeed.  Lovely finish and no obvious signs of the travails you had with the resin.  I have a big gap in my collection that is 748 shaped but this kit is a bit pricey for me, sadly. 

Lovely model.  The problems you had certainly aren't obvious from the photos.

I don't know the S&M 748 (their overpriced and detail-free Avro Tudor discouraged me from further exploration of their range) but seeing the excellent result you've achieved makes me want to go and get one.