Hawker Sea hawk WM995 802NAS

Good day again all!

This is my first RFI for quite a while. This is a Special Hobby Sea Hawk depicted as WM 995 OF 802 NAS. I have built her as a Suez machine on board HMS Albion. This aircraft was actually hit by Egyptian ground fire which resulted in a damage to the stbd drop tank. The kit comes with a nice load of resin and one piece is a drop tank that depicts the damage, so I modelled her postflight, blanked up ready for a drop tank change. The kit was originally the MPM version with resin cockpit incorporating a front nose wheel well, seat and drop tanks, bombs and sidewinders for other versions. There is also a nice etch set but very little was used on this kit, just the IP. The only disappointment was no resin for the main gearbay.  I wanted this to be a quick build but got hung up on a couple of things. I did have to open up the gun ports as the kit just had engravings but they turned out fine in the end. As ever finished in Model Master  acrylics and kit decals which are a little transparent when placed over the fuselage stripes. Blanks are scratched from plastic card and wire handles, saved alot of effort in building up the intakes:D. Although black and white blurry pictures of the actual aircraft show a relatively clean fuselage I did muck up the area around the damaged tank. Any hoo enjoy!

100_4636_zpsjh59jcgj.jpg

100_4635_zpst0vgfgn4.jpg

100_4634_zps9iqvydyy.jpg

100_4633_zps9qkk0pon.jpg

100_4632_zpsyhskzdoc.jpg

100_4631_zpsbghzfivt.jpg

• Like 27

Lovely work on a nice subject :thumbsup2: 

Very nice paintwork, the yellow and black stripes look great.

I like the dirt around the damaged tank, that certainly tells a story ;).

:goodjob: 

• Like 1

Superb build!

First time I see a SH Sea Hawk build. It looks more refined than the HobbyBoss offering, or am I deluded?

Great paint job, and thank Heaven for the Suez crisis! Without this pseudo colonial knee jerk, we would never have had these lovely stripes to paint on our models!!!

Governments should always add stripes on their aircraft before starting a war!

Great show

JR

• Like 1