1/72 - Kalinin K-7 by MikroMir - released

Homebee

38 minutes ago, dalea said:

For those of you who have been lining up for this, check HLJ for prices in your local currency.

Fair warning, it's not cheap.

1 hour ago, dalea said:

For those of you who have been lining up for this, check HLJ for prices in your local currency.

https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-kalinin-k-7-mkr72-015

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/kalinin-k7-expected-june-2020-mm72-024-mikro-mir-mm72-024-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=162480

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-015

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

On 3/26/2020 at 7:55 AM, Homebee said:

Ouch! 😒. Well, suffice to say that has been expunged from my wishlist!

I'd love this but, at those prices? ??

No way!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

On 3/28/2020 at 9:38 PM, Flankerman said:

I was going to get one - but not at those prices.....:analintruder:

If they halved the price, they'd sell twice as many....

Ken

Better believe it! I'm pretty sure a lot of the initial enthusiasm for this kit will have waned somewhat on seeing the prices.

However, I do not necessarily subscribe to the view that if one sells at a loss, then volume sales will pick up the slack. In this case, it's a relatively obscure one off! As such, other than perhaps novelty value, I cannot see this having widespread appeal

I'm not disputing that any manufacturer has to set a price that will cover costs and turn a profit. That's fair enough and, it's also sound business sense. Mikromir would be foolish to do otherwise. 

However, if "the market" (that's us! 😊) decides to vote with our wallets, then Mikromir might end up with a lot of kits ending up as dust gathering shelf blockers.

I wonder how many we will see, in a few months, at heavily discounted prices as retailers desperately try to shift stock.

All the best to those who can afford it though. I choose not to buy because it's just unaffordable. I do however hope it does sell because, I like these rather obscure subjects and, I would hate to see Mikromir deterred from producing others

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, we can't prevent shops from making money. This model is quite expensive in production.
There is no other way to make a wing that size. And this is significantly reflected in the price.
  By the way, the test build is complete. We are preparing a photo session.

DSC-9513.jpg

• Like 2

Damn but, that looks so gloriously absurd!  But even despite that, it actually flew!

Yeah, I've mine on order through modelsua and am looking forward to it muchly!

On 3/28/2020 at 5:38 PM, Flankerman said:

If they halved the price, they'd sell twice as many....

Ah - the old sales model of "sell at a loss and make it up on volume", eh? ;)

John

• Haha 2

Yes, amazing I love it, but here in Aus it's $450 which is HK Lancaster price. More interesting though, I might add one to put with my Bartini VVA 14 and start a bonkers Russian aircraft collection. Now there's an idea!

Steve

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, praded-dembelya said:

DSC-9525.jpg

Looks magnificent!😊.

While the kit is completely unaffordable for me, I totally understand that the price of the kit has to be set at a level that will recoup your costs and, still make a profit. I hope therefore that it is a success.

I personally like Mikromir's imaginative choice of subjects. Long may they continue. 😊

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

Photosession of the assembled and painted model Kalinin K-7 scale 1/72 from Mikromir

Source:

http://www.greenmats.club/models.html/models/172/калинин-к-7-микромир-172-r459/?fbclid=IwAR3iuGsGg1_W_Qvje7caaGURaJ98WqGj8NjIj3z9N_NPNfYsMsPy4CRMgD0

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Amarket
  • Like 3

On 5/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, Neil Lambess said:

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine  in N Z

.....!  Yes I know I'm insane but I've always loved this piece of the Glorious people's winged architecture-ski.  

Can we have a Junkers G 38 next ?

We are collecting materials on this aircraft.

• Like 1