1/72 - Kalinin K-7 by MikroMir - released

Homebee

My wife just asked me why I shouted a very loud expletive from up in the study! :surprised:

Seriously, I don't care how much this costs, I've GOT to have it. This thing's got the span of a B-2- only about 10ft short of a B-52. That's got to be pushing short-run injection technology. Best of luck to them.

Will 

Edited by Killingholme
  • Like 3

Yes, yes - very nice. But if they can invest acres of styrene into this flying nightmare (meant in a nice way, of course) then surely a 1/72 Yak-9 or Yak-1b is not beyond the realm of possibility?!

John

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Yes, yes - very nice. But if they can invest acres of styrene into this flying nightmare (meant in a nice way, of course) then surely a 1/72 Yak-9 or Yak-1b is not beyond the realm of possibility?!

John

Nah, these guys are clearly utterly crazy. Something sensible like that wouldn't interest them at all!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

Crazy I know, but one in Spanish Republican markings would really screw with people's heads...

Wooksta,

And then imagine one that's gone through a 1930s version of a SLEP (Service Life Extension Program) that up-engined the thing and put a buncha powered turrets on it.  Perhaps cleaning up all those servo flight tabs too.

A 1950s radar picket aircraft perhaps?  It's engines now turbos and the old airframes lumbering along still serving the people and the workers of the Soviet Union by providing airborne radar coverage against the capitalist running dogs and their lackeys?

The possibilities are well neigh endless!

• 1 month later...

ok that's a must-have. i was actually googling furiously hoping against hope someone did one in 1/72, about a year ago, when i saw Snopes confirm the damn thing actually existed. i don't build 1/144 so the Anigrand did me no good.

can't find the clip now but i saw on Youtube where some madman had built a huge RC Kalinin K-7. it was a beast in the air.

gotta get a Bartini Beriev VVA-14. they'll look sooo cute together. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

It isn't propaganda artwork - just science fiction fan artwork.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/k7bomber/

http://www.likecool.com/Kalinin_K-7--Transportation--Car.html

The real thing was mad enough - but the fan art adds more engines and massive ships gun turrets all over the airframe.

The trouble is - on the internet, the fan art is now portrayed as the real thing - which it certainly isn't - hence my 'whistling' emoticon when I wrote about 'conversion' possibilities.

I'm looking forward to the MM kit of the K-7 - it will sit nicely alongside my model of that other Soviet madness - the Vakhmistrov 'Aviamatka'.........

Zveno_34.jpg

Zveno_31B.jpg

A TB-3 bomber with FIVE fighters attached :analintruder:

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 5

All very nice, but I'm still waiting for the 1/144 Hastings.

And for that matter, any manufacturer, Halton and IM Hermes.  (Might as well ask, the space in the posting would only be wasted - probably is anyway.)

Edited by Graham Boak

Now there's one I did not expect to see in injection-moulded plastic. Ever. And it's nice to see the Soviet 'heavy-metal' lovers are here - Flankerman, Radders, and his most-exalted Generalship (says he who's been lately faffing about with not just one, but two Tu-95s; the Amodel version and the Trumpeter version, along with the Trumpeter Backfire-B). I don't know if I'll be purchasing this ridiculously magnificent (magnificently ridiculous?) beast, but bless MicroMir for being crazy enough to make one! By the way, I too would love to see a Maksim Gorkiy' in 1/72nd scale. So everyone buy this wonderful monstrosity when it comes out so MicroMir are properly encouraged in their plastic madness!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Because I can't just leave well-enough alone.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1