*finished*New Airfix Mustang + Eduard Spitfire

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I've had no problems with them, BUT I also thought they looked dodgy in the box and so used boiling water from the teakettle for the decals.

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I've had no problems with them, BUT I also thought they looked dodgy in the box and so used boiling water from the teakettle for the decals.

Will try boiling water next time, though if it will help I don't

1 hour ago, Cookenbacher said:

Ooooh, 308 Sqn. Disappointing to hear about the Eduard decals, I haven't used any yet.

know, found them too flexible and some folded up on themselves never to be corrected 

3 hours ago, Discopop said:

Excellent effort Stu, how did you find the stencils on the Mustang? must admit I needed a stiff drink when attempting them.

Found the stencils a piece of cake unlike the Spitfire ones, did them in the wee hours when I couldn't sleep, airfix decals are super

On 01/05/2017 at 12:38, PhantomBigStu said:

Got the decals on over the weekend, was not fun at all, very dissapointed with the eduard decals, they are awful to work with, had to suplement with some spare airfix ones. Does beg th question what Ill have to use instead in future.

74A629F2-FC3E-4EDF-950B-4906B9A33E20_zps

And here I thought Eduard was one of the premiere kit companies. Your work looks beautiful. I have a 1/48 Spitfire to start and this news aint good. Better check before I begin.

Edited by Starkiller

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

And here I thought Eduard was one of the premiere kit companies. I have a 1/48 Spitfire to start and this news aint good. Better check before I begin.

Don't let one persons apparent bad experience put you off. The decals (eduards own) are fine mate. Perhaps a bit thin and delicate but that helps them settle into all the fine details. Use plenty of water to float them off onto the kit, keep them moist. Setting solutions once in position not to help get them there because they go soft quite fast so will fold and tear/wrinkle.