Eduard Fokker D.VII (OAW)

Another one finished for the year and that already makes 3 more than last year. I fancied another go at a WW1 kit and the Eduard Fokker D.VII got my interest, another lovely little kit. I built it straight out of the box apart from some rigging, which there isn't a lot of. The paint, again not much, came from Gunze or Vallejo. I didn't add any weathering on this one as I didn't want to mess around with it much, clumsy fingers and fragile kit don't mix too well. Here it is though and on to the next.

002%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zpspgfxycwx.jpg

022%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zpskdcr5yhi.jpg

021%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zps4nhkmnum.jpg

018%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zpss9y3vlbn.jpg

013%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zps4fcdbeqq.jpg

011%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zpsb8lv7faw.jpg

010%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zps7lb3kkjm.jpg

005%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zps7ceyftdy.jpg

004%20-%20Fokker%20DIII_zpsktmgubww.jpg

Comments and critique welcome

Pete

• Like 22

Your DVII looks great, Pete -

It actually makes a change not to see weathering, so don't have any problem with that.

Regards

Dave

Thanks all,

Stoohoo - The lozenge decals went on really well using Microset/Sol. They settled down nicely around the wing edges with just a bit of coaxing with a brush during the first 10 minutes after application.

Tony - It's a gem of a kit that really doesn't need much effort to put together. A little bit of care with the usual things on a WW1 biplane, struts, top wing etc but nothing really hard. The photo-etch is always fun and fiddly but, again, just needs a bit of care. I'll definitely be building another one sometime.

Pete

• Like 1