1/35 KN1 Sea Tank

In 1946 the DOD realing from the near defeat in ww2 realised our costal defence was lacking and that we needed far more destroyers but lacked the funds to produce them after the collosal costs of the war it was decided we needed light weight fast vessels with the fire power of a destroyer, it was decided that only one designer could design such a vessel, after the success of his flying tank the handsome and clever designer kpnuts was the only one capable of building the new vessel. No one knew where he had gone and a massive manhunt began to find him.
A little older and more grey haired, but distinguishly handsome, he was found on a remote island off the Galapagos, he was set to work immediately, after exhaustive research it was decided the crusader 3 tank would be the basis of this new vessel.
The first 3 prototypes sank without a trace but KN1 became the most successful sea tank ever made. Watch this space for the story of what could arguably be called the most successful sea going vessel of modern times
  • Like 1

Hi all well the fun begins, I'm not worried about realism or true to life just having some fun, trying different modeling methods and materials.
2ag47x5.jpg
123y3yo.jpg
9zoi6h.jpg
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi all well as I said on my Spad build this yr I'm going to try and finish some of my shelved builds.

This one wasn't stopped for problems with the build. I started this on another forum that is ruled with an iron fist I got fed up with continuing complaints and warnings from the admin (everything I posted on there was exactly the same as here and other forums I frequent, with no complaints on here or any of the others) the final straw was complaining about the back story on this build (I decided I don't want to be on a forum where you can't even use humour in a topic) I've not posted there since and of course it put me off the build, well I've decided to start it again.

IMG-20190114-589.jpg
IMG-20190114-2355.jpg
IMG-20190114-14744.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all well I've added the wheel and a sort of nautical colour scheme, once the tracks are on I will add some outrigger pontoon supports, going thought my spares box I can't find any props of an appropriate size then I thought about adding paddles to the wheels (which I figure would allow it amazing manouverability and allow it to turn in its own radius) what do you think is that a feasible idea.

IMG-20190208-32626.jpg
IMG-20190208-38803.jpg
IMG-20190208-43855.jpg
IMG-20190208-2763.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting concept always good to see WHIF concepts. How would you plan on attaching the paddles? Will they be on the outer face of the wheels if you’re going to have tracks on it well? I think, from the way you’ve built it it would sit quite low in the water, with the waterline likely at or above the top of the wheels. If that was the case then paddles on the outer face wouldn’t work as they wouldn’t clear the water line. I can’t see another way of adding paddles with tracks on it.

alternstive would be to use tracks similar to those used on LVT’s that themselves act as paddles. Wouldn’t make the vehicle that quick in the water though...