Argentinian Marines: DPM or not?

goon

Hi gang,

I'm having a go at a couple of figures I picked up a while ago. They are from the Men At Arms Collection that goes alongside the Osprey Books. I have two Argentinian Marines, illustrated in the book as wearing DPM style kit. Difficult for a novice figure painter! Doing a bit of Googling I've turned up some images purporting to be Argentinian Marines, but in single colour uniforms.

Does anyone know if they were wearing uniforms other than DPM style in 1982?

It would make painting so much easier! 

Hi goon,

the argentinian forces, including their special forces/Marines, wore standard green uniforms in 1982.

EDIT:  I take that back, I've just found an image showing some "Commandos" wearing what appears to be U.S. style DPM uniforms.  That style looks to be tropical though, so I would say that most wore the cold-weather greens.

Mike

Thanks for the information both. Looking further in to the Osprey books I've found some images showing what appears to be the same pattern jackets, trousers, etc, but in single colour cloth. I don't think I'm going to be able to reproduce the DPM I've seen, so I think I can reasonably paint in one colour. Hopefully it won't be too far out of being accurate, and at the very least I'll enjoy having a go at painting some figures.