1/72 Airfix Hurricane Mk.I, 111 SQN., rescued......

Here is the latest completion. This was rescued by a colleague who for some weird reason planned to paint this green and blue, and the paint chosen was CANVAS paint, well that is what he said!!!! So no idea what it was exactly but it was NOT easy to remove and was about 1mm thick in places.

Anyway I said I would build it for him as long as I could do it in the correct scheme, been building it on and off between other things, nice little kit but when I do one for myself I will take a little more time and refine a few things. Always liked the scheme, and glad I tried it out on a small kit, will one day do one in 1/48 scale, yes I know I will have to mod the wings, but I have made a start making some fabric wings just need to get them completed.

First picture shows the original state of the painted parts second 2 show cleaned down and then the rest are as it is now.

cheers Ali

IMG_1729_zps9woq0lti.jpg

IMG_1751_zpsum85wofv.jpg

IMG_1752_zpspcqu2lwl.jpg

IMG_1771_zpsk7iaul6j.jpg

IMG_1773_zpssjccqjvx.jpg

IMG_1774_zpsxp4csccu.jpg

IMG_1776_zpsqlk7vhxq.jpg

• Like 29

4 minutes ago, IanC said:

Superb. And I admire your perseverance. I'd have just bought another kit..

I nearly did, and I have a few in MY stock, but I need those for future builds.....someday, I only needed to get it built for the lad.

10 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Nice job Ali, did you airbrush or brush paint, or a mix of both? Either way I'm sure he liked it.

Colin   

You got it Colin a little of both, mostly the green was brushed most other was airbrushed, kind if a little lazy......he has not got it yet

Great save Ali,.....nice kit isn`t it! When you do your model remember to add the flat metal panels behind the gun bays,.... this area is incorrectly depicted as being fabric on the kit.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot