Vampire WZ590 Airfix

Grandboof

Good Evening  

Yes it's another one but I did promise a Vampire when I signed up for this and I want to see what Humbrol Fluro Orange is like.Hopefully this won't disappoint 

Martin H

kmE5i78.jpg

Edited by Grandboof
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Patrice  

Only a little start just the interior black and some work on the seats Will post pics when I get some more done seat belts ejector handles etc 

Martin H

Good morning Martin

Last week end I started the same kit

and plan to build it as an aircraft used by the RAAF but I am looking for pics  of the real aircraft could you help me ?

Regards

Patrice

Patrice 

I will start digging Do you want pics of the exact aircraft you are planning ? I have some of A79-828 but its not from 2OCU . I am a member of the Queensland Air Museum and 828 is our aircraft so detail pics should not be a problem. I will post what pics I have on your build thread ASAP  

Martin H

11 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Patrice 

I will start digging Do you want pics of the exact aircraft you are planning ? I have some of A79-828 but its not from 2OCU . I am a member of the Queensland Air Museum and 828 is our aircraft so detail pics should not be a problem. I will post what pics I have on your build thread ASAP  

Martin H

Good morning Martin

First of all thank you for your help in fact I am looking for more infos on the painting scheme of the aircraft used by 2OCU the Xtradecal notice is rather ''simple'' you can see it on Dave build here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235019698-vampire-t11-nz5708-of-no-75-sqn-rnzaf-1969/

Best regards

Patrice

Good evening All  

A small start .Seat belts made Interior black sprayed with a hopefully worn look 

More soon  

Martin H

u22Pjik.jpg

Edited by Grandboof
  • Like 3

Good Evening all 

Managed to get some work done Most sub assemblies complete Will start to close things up this weekend 

Martin H 

GwxUvkj.jpg

Edited by Grandboof

Good evening all Thanks Patrice\

Fuselage closed up Some fit issues of my own making Should be one piece and primed soon Thanks for looking 

Martin H

nYSpaCr.jpg

Edited by Grandboof
  • Like 3

Hello Martin

Good jod , I also had some fit issues when I tried to place the booms to the rest of the aircraft I had to cut off some plastic and therefore I had to use some putty ..

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good there  Martin, I nearly had a crack at the starter set for this GB but had promised myself a Mossie for ages, if I hadn't been so slow to get going, I could've done both. :(

Steve.

31 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Looking good there  Martin, I nearly had a crack at the starter set for this GB but had promised myself a Mossie for ages, if I hadn't been so slow to get going, I could've done both. :(

Steve.

I reckon you could manage it :tease: !

Not a chance, I've already decided to bypass the prototypes GB which I'd intended to have a crack at, & by the time I put thus to bed, I'll be over a month late for the start of the bf 109 GB, & her upstairs, I model in a basement room, will be well unimpressed if I get two builds on the go at once. Trust me, I know. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

This is the state of play a the moment . Masked up and ready for dayglo First spray gun cleaning Thanks again for looking . Steve your Vamp could also go in Made in Britain GB more time there 

Martin H

Vvn4z9Y.jpg

Edited by Grandboof