Which Aeroclub props for 1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter?

Ham

I am working on the Matchbox 1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter and I am hoping to replace the war clubs mascarading as props.  I know that Aeroclub made some replacements.  I might be able to find a set on eBay or the used market if I knew which ones were correct.  I am guessing the correct set might be P010, Hartzell three blade.  Can anyone confirm, please?

I found this link which illustrates the various Aeroclub props.   http://www.joesmodels.com/AEROCLUB_72_PROPELLERS.htm

If there are any other substitutes that might work for the Twin Otter, that would be helpful as well.

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1

Twotters run Hartzells, so the Aeroclub ones that you've found may very well be correct. Possibly PM JohnAero here on BM and ask him what they were modelled to fit?

I have at home the Hartzell catalogue, with all sorts of info about what was fitted to which airframe, but I won't be able to access that for a few days. If there's no rush, PM me to remind me and I'll see what I can dig up when I get home. Failing that, I'm sure that wiser heads will be along in due course.

Hi Ham.

I'm working on a Twotter too and facing the same problem.

The P010 propellers are the correct pitch (LH) but the tip is too squared.

You have to check if the diam. is 36mm, At the moment I can't reach the Hartzell website, but I remember that 36mm was correct.

So if you can be sure of the diameter, you only have to round a little the tips and you'r golden. This is the propeller.

An other option is to find a 1/72 Airfix Handley Page Jetstream (not that easy at a reasonable price).

If I'm not wrong, the Hartzell website lists the same prop for both aircraft even if the blade tips are more squared.

I came up with using the Jetsream props (diam 36,5) that a friend gave me, since he modified it in a -31 (a four blade).

Good luck.

Eugenio