Airfix HP42 struts

neillbill

Any of you folks got a source of strut material or a spare Airfix HP42 kit? I did a pretty good job of wrecking the struts on mine. Next time I wont stick all the struts firmly on  to the lower wing then try to force them into the holes in the upper.....

Thanks

Bill

Try johnaero on BM

He makes very good strut materials, not sure if they will suit the HP42 but I'd be surprised if he doesn't have the answer

He is at the top of the traders section on the site

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I got some Strutz from Aeroclub but its all too big for 144. I also got a small amount of Contrail strut left but not enough. Guess I am going to try to rescue the kit bits, Going to cut the zigzag kit struts up to give me some wriggle room in fitting them. Strange how all the Airfix 144 HP42 kits went away, cant find one anywhere.

Bill

Edited by neillbill
missed out the 4

Hey thanks anyway but I cant even stretch a short length of round sprue with any reliability. However I don't reckon interplane struts were airfoil section generally, more like planks with rounded leading and trailing edges. I got some plastic strip about the right size I am going to have a try to soften up the edges on that. Don't want to give up I really want a 144 1930s airliner

Bill