Polikarpov UTI-4, China, A-model 1/72

i

Second I-16 variant done recently by me. It is a two seater, unarmed UTI-4 in Chineese markings (on profile I followed it was said "1938", on second of the same machine it was "1940"). I found photo of her as well...

Anyway - she looks like this:

uti4 DSC04903uti4 DSC04901uti4 DSC04900uti4 DSC04899

uti4 DSC04904

Comments welcome

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice. Was it dual control, or just a second seat for a passenger/observer?

Many thanks! - this was dual control for sure. Abbreviation "UTI" means something like "school and trainer fighter". The only armament was gun camera I think 

Cheers

J-W

Hi Jerzy!!!!

Its nice to watch new and fresh works made recently from your Secret Projects Site!!!

Have seen how wonderful this bird enede after get into yout hands to be built properly, and the most I liked is the way you painted her, the colour combination is exellent and the finished product very nice, with special mention to the weathering in the sides. 

I have recently bought an Old and Original Revell kit, even though many people have said this one has some errors, will be built one day without too muvh trouble to decpit a Spànis CIvil War machine used by Tarazona Toran, the one who wrote "I was a Red Fighther Pilot Book". 

Thank you very much for sharing !!!

>Cheers, 

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luis Alfonso said:

I have recently bought an Old and Original Revell kit, even though many people have said this one has some errors, will be built one day without too muvh trouble to decpit a Spànis CIvil War machine used by Tarazona Toran, the one who wrote "I was a Red Fighther Pilot Book". 

Luis-Alfonso

Many thanks! I still like Revell I-16 even despite its obvious error in whing shape. My last week production SCW I-16 (A-model) with one photo of a +40 years old  Revell one were posted on Friday :)

Martin, many thanks also :)

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Got an 1/48 conversion, but I never thought about a CNAF UTI.

What ref did you use?

Many thanks, Antoine for comment. The colour profile is in Wing Palette 10_9.jpg

(Now I see, that I forgot about adding Venturi nozzle :rage:)

There are few more Chineese to chose on WingPalette.  

The same scheme is also here:

http://www.wardrawings.be/WW2/Files/2-Airplanes/Allies/5-Others/06-China/Polikarpov-UTI4/Polikarpov-UTI4.htm

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 1:17 AM, JWM said:

Luis-Alfonso

Many thanks! I still like Revell I-16 even despite its obvious error in whing shape. My last week production SCW I-16 (A-model) with one photo of a +40 years old  Revell one were posted on Friday :)

Martin, many thanks also :)

Cheers

J-W

Hi Jerzy!!!

Thank you very much for the advice, Will rush there to watch it!!! Deserves all the time I can do there!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1