Hasegawa 1/72 RAAF F-111C 1 Sqn

Graeme H

Getting there Graeme :thumbsup:

You know to overcome all these hurdles you are having with this kit?

You need to build more! The Mirage GB has started, I am sure you could build 3-4 for that one to get your eye back in! :D

1 hour ago, TrojanThunder said:

You need to build more! The Mirage GB has started, I am sure you could build 3-4 for that one to get your eye back in! :D

That's the plan Ray, but really want to get this one over the line

OK, down to the last few hours of this GB

I am really close, just need to get it all together now, and posting photo in case any of the photo hosting sites fall over

DSC03701.jpg

Will work on to get this done, (I hope) barring some unforseen accident, which I have had a few of during this build

I started this to get my modelling mojo going after the loss of my wife earlier this year, and although it has been a really tough build, I have gone to bed on a couple of nights thinking about this, and not my late wife, so not sure if that is a good thing or not.

• Like 3

she's looking really nice Graeme!!

The good thing is that the build has been extended for a week due to the massive dramas PhotoBucket has caused. So you'll have some extra time to spend on her.

Thanks to Prof Matrix giving us an extension on this assignment, I will get over the line, just a small update to show that I very nearly made it by the original deadline, just need to remove the canopy masks, and a few small touch up here and there

DSC03702.jpg

• Like 5

On 02/07/2017 at 6:44 PM, Graeme H said:

OK, down to the last few hours of this GB

I am really close, just need to get it all together now, and posting photo in case any of the photo hosting sites fall over

DSC03701.jpg

Will work on to get this done, (I hope) barring some unforseen accident, which I have had a few of during this build

I started this to get my modelling mojo going after the loss of my wife earlier this year, and although it has been a really tough build, I have gone to bed on a couple of nights thinking about this, and not my late wife, so not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I re-started modelling in 2013 for the same reason Graeme. It's a good thing that you can get a bit of kip thinking about something else. I know that I used to get confused, thinking that it was wrong to think about anything else at all, but it's not. It's what my late first wife would have wanted; a bit of creative relaxation for me. Time out from all the paperwork and chasing around and rethinking everything.

This hobby really helps people in our situation. The reading and research part of it really helps too.

I read somewhere that a journalist once asked the Queen Mother if she was over the loss of her husband. I loved her reply;

"No, but one learns to walk with a limp".

Your model looks really good; very sharp and accurate. I agree, it's the best colour scheme. I was scared to try it so chickened out and went for all grey :winkgrin:!

All the best

TonyT

• Like 1

Well managed to get over the line, unless I see something that I may have forgotten

DSC03703.jpg

Light outside not so good, so will do some better ones later for the gallery now we have extra time, and postimage is working very well for me using Chrome

DSC03711.jpg

• Like 1