1:72 Airfix English Electric Canberra PR.9 "End of an Era"

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Excellent result Bill, you must have quite a trophy cabinet! :thumbsup:

The trophies they gave out at this show were really over the top. Crazy, I've never seen anything like it. Usually we have plaques here in the States. I came home with six of the 1st Place trophies (for my Bf 109, F7F Tigercat, Canberra, Seasprite LAMPS, Buccaneer S.1, and a 5-piece FAA collection), the Best Aircraft trophy (for the Canberra, although it was announced for the Seasprite) and a "Best of the Rest" trophy (what the heck is that category, anyway?) for the FAA collection. But, my Bucc lost out on the "Cold War" theme award to some tank with its engine out diorama - oh! the horror! 

What am I going to do with all these things? Maybe grow some flowers in them - the cups are big enough!   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

Always a pleasure to see your work Bill and ranks right up there with your recent Buccaneer and the F-4 EJ you did for the phantom group build, some of my favourite works on here, keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Congrats Bill. it was a real pleasure to see the actual build/finished model in person on Sunday!  I really have to compliment you on all your hard work you put into it.  It rightly deserved the Trophy!  :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Screech said:

Congrats Bill. it was a real pleasure to see the actual build/finished model in person on Sunday!  I really have to compliment you on all your hard work you put into it.  It rightly deserved the Trophy!  :D

Thanks - did we meet at the show? I talked to so many people and my feeble brain doesn't recall anyone who had a Screech name tag.     :)

Cheers,

Bill

PS. I don't look like my avatar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Thanks - did we meet at the show? I talked to so many people and my feeble brain doesn't recall anyone who had a Screech name tag.     :)

Cheers,

Bill

PS. I don't look like my avatar. 

I know that feeling all to well Bill! 😊

John

• Like 1

Hello,Bill - You richly deserve the numerous plaudits in response to your magnificent 'Canberra' build along with the trophies won.I'm delighted for you and wish you all the very best.Keep up that inspirational modelling!😉👍Paul.

• Like 1

Just having another look...and yes it's still wonderful. Apart from all the details and the lovely finish, it's just got a nice poise to it, so you can look at it for ages, while you wonder: 'did they really have to stop flying?'

Justin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Screech said:

No Bill, unfortunately we did not meet.  Wish we had though, maybe next year!

OK, as long as you weren't the guy who was pointing out that the fourteenth fastener on the station 16 panel line should be missing, as they were typically blown out of their receptacle by the cartridge start. You know that guy...we all know that guy!     :) 

3 hours ago, Bedders said:

Just having another look...and yes it's still wonderful. Apart from all the details and the lovely finish, it's just got a nice poise to it, so you can look at it for ages, while you wonder: 'did they really have to stop flying?'

I'm with you, but I guess technology doesn't stop for romance, if you know what I mean. There must be some Cranberries still flying somewhere though, correct? In civilian hands maybe?

It amazes me what aircraft civilians have nowadays. There is a retired USMC pilot here in the states who has a Sea Harrier FA.2, and is a big hit on the airshow circuit. How, exactly, do you buy a Sea Harrier? Especially on a USMC pension? Yeah, I know, his wife bought it for him. True fact, by the way, I had a chat with her a couple of years ago at Geneseo.    :) 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

OK, as long as you weren't the guy who was pointing out that the fourteenth fastener on the station 16 panel line should be missing, as they were typically blown out of their receptacle by the cartridge start. You know that guy...we all know that guy!     :) ll

Sorry Bill, Not me!  Those are the kinda guys that make me leary of taking models to shows in the first place, and besides if I have something to say about a model that is wrong I only keep it to myself or talk to my family about it.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...