1:72 Airfix English Electric Canberra PR.9 "End of an Era"

Said it before Bill, but I think it bears repeating - FAN-BLUDDY-TASTIC!

I think, no I'm sure, that is the nicest Canberra model that I've yet seen, simply stunning work - & really nicely photographed too!

Top job all round! :thumbsup:

Keith

• Like 1

Thanks, mates!   :)

I just realised that I forgot to include the photos of the underside, which were taken prior to the canopy and aerial wire being attached. So for completeness I've interspersed them in the first post in-between all the others. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

This really is beautiful, there's no other word for it. There have been some incredible builds on this site over the years, but this has to be my favourite. Nice subtle panel lines and weathering and very crisp detail. A+++!

Ian

(and it's the right scale!)

• Like 1

I simply agree with all the above, outstanding model and pictures :worthy::worthy:

I know nothing about this specific aircraft and it's not really in my area of interest, but this build ranks among my favs of yours, probably the best I've seen so far. :clap::clap::clap:

The WIP thread was entertaining, instructive and enjoyable too, a fine example of what BM is like :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

As many already mentioned - this is truly one of the best models at this forum!!! Incredible style of the weathering and all the small nice touches (including Zoo magazin :) )!!! Great tribute to a great plane!

• Like 1

Fantastic! I love it when someone takes a clunky kit and squeezes a superb model out of it (and you are a serial offender on that score). The finish is very subtly weathered and I'm sure you could stick it on a scenic background and tell everyone that it's the real thing.

My only quibble is with Zoo magazine... no matter how hard I squint, the cover  still looks to me like a picture of a lion wearing a Super Mario mask!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1