26 decals Britannia.

Britman

Ray has been selling them for a few weeks now.  I have Caledonian on order.  I already have a couple of Roden Brits in the stash otherwise I'd have bought more.  

I see he's run out of MD11s and Tristars which is hardly surprising given his attractive prices.

The Roden Britannia is a great kit. I've got a few stashed away and have a couple in my basket with Ray.

There's still a few marking options I'd like to see produced such as Lloyd International, Air Spain, Britannia Airlines  (for a -100 series chop job) and British & Commonwealth Shipping Company, after watching this very enjoyable video - 

• Like 1

It was part of the "Look at Life" series of films made during the 50s and 60s. I've been watching all these quite a bit on YouTube. There are quite a few aviation related films as the novelty of air transport was still strong. Search for the stewardess film (nowadays called the genderless "flight attendant " - yuk) as it follows her on a trip to Bengazi with a Hunting-Clan Viscount. Quite old fashioned and innocent fun had by the crew on their day off!!!

We need to petition Ray or anyone else to make us a set of B&C Shipping Company decals and the others to fill the Britannia gaps. The Roden kit is my current favourite model.

Jeff 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2017 at 8:55 PM, pinky coffeeboat said:

It was part of the "Look at Life" series of films made during the 50s and 60s. I've been watching all these quite a bit on YouTube. There are quite a few aviation related films as the novelty of air transport was still strong. Search for the stewardess film (nowadays called the genderless "flight attendant " - yuk) as it follows her on a trip to Bengazi with a Hunting-Clan Viscount. Quite old fashioned and innocent fun had by the crew on their day off!!!

We need to petition Ray or anyone else to make us a set of B&C Shipping Company decals and the others to fill the Britannia gaps. The Roden kit is my current favourite model.

Jeff 

I have the whole set on DVD - nice to watch on the big screen without watermark.

" Ticket to Tokyo"  is the first film in the 4-disc set on Look at Life's Volume 1 - Transport .

The film about the 'stewardess' and the Hunting-Clan Viscount is called "Air Hostess" and is on the same disc. Lovely quality films full of nostalgia.

Edited by AMB
  • Like 1

"Look at life" also produced a short film called the car has wings featuring a BUAF Carvair.The only blooper being the Rolls Royce dart soundtrack as the ATEL98 gets airborne!

Back to 26 and the Britannia, I would like to see another Redcoat sheet this time for G-AOVS, The huge R on the fin being in a Red circle, perhaps including fictional "Redair titles" as worn by the aircraft for the BBC drama series Buccaneer.As already mentioned Air Spain would be a nice addition.I remember seeing One of their Brits at BigginHill after it had been purchased by IAS for spares use.

• Like 1