Roden T-28 Trojan 1/48

Not my usual "fayre". Dunno whether to weather, hit it with semi gloss or flat or just leave it as it is so I am calling it done for now.
It was a bit of a wall flower, being built slowly or ignored amongst my other projects (consequently I have a few bits left over Ooops)
aftermarket decals, you know I like my models colourful! pity the white of the decals is a bit on the translucent side

My second Roden kit, don't like them much I have one left to build, an Antonov Cub.
33732391702_2694612040_h.jpg
33732392482_bc63870011_h.jpg
33732393042_5a1a20e107_h.jpg

• Like 21

Ha !!, remeber putting those decals on the Heller 1:72 kit way, way back. If it were mine,Wally, I'd do an overall coat of 50/50 satin & gloss, a full high gloss may be a wee bit too much for it - nice build, sir.

Ian. 

Looks wonderful Wally and I can see your quandry,....I would leave well alone too and call it done myself. I have been pondering getting one of these but have been put off in case it is a bitch to build, how did it go together? 

I would maybe add another fuselage star and bar to hide the slight bit of see through on the white,..... thats if you have any spare.  

Cheers

Tony

hi gang,

yes I think I will hit it with a bit of flat to knock out those glossy highlights and see if I can find the right size star and bar to put over the top..I think the decal sheet has a a couple of extra for use on another scheme

Regarding the Roden kit,lots of fiddly little bits with lots of inconvenient sprue attachment points that need cleaning up, the kit doesnt actually fit together all that well and I had trouble with primer and paint sticking to the plastic even after washing it with detergent and metho,, there was no obvious sign of greasieness or mold release so I have no idea.  If you are building it strongly recommend you get a replacement metal nosewheel leg, you need a ton of lead up front and the kit leg is very fragile also if you mount the leg correctly the model takes a pronounced nose down sit, I had to cheat and mount the leg almost flush with the fuselage bottom to get it to sit correctly

cheers

wal

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2017 at 3:43 AM, wallyinoz said:

Thanks, but not really...

I cheated :giggle:

33898177705_40c6a554d8_z.jpg

its a home made decal

Can't agree it's CHEATing for I will do it the same way... A very attractive Trojan.. Thanks for sharing.. Regards.

Farouk (tausugAir-HARIBON Decals)