Tamiya 1:48 mosquito

Joss

Rapping up all the bits and bobs just got to get top coat on for the aircraft and then weather landing gear.

Here's the landing gear.

2017-06-01_01-51-20

More to come soon.

• Like 2

I seem to have hit a small problem. I sprayed some humbrol matte acrylic varnish and its gone 'frosty'. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2017-06-04_11-47-59

Any helps much appreciated

Joss

I have had this whilst airbrushing Vallejo and MIG Matt varnishes. It's seemed to happen if I flooded an area. It didn't dry in, it stayed as it was when it when down. You could try a very soft cloth and some thinners on it to try and wipe it away. I would be very wary though as you don't want to damage your excellent paint work. 

It it looks as you's is fairly localised though in a small area, maybe it would be safer to leave it. I found before that when airbrushing matt varnish to do very light coats at a good distance from the model.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, sounds like a good idea, I shall give this a try when I get home!! Unfortunately it's all over the model. Hopefully I can finish before the deadline but who knows...

Joss

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DAG058 said:

How did you get on @Joss

Not to well unfortunately tried removing the top layer however it has still has the misting on :/ I'm going to shelve her for the moment until I can find the enthusiasm to carry on! Thank you for the support and advice :) much appreciated.

Joss

• 6 months later...
17 hours ago, eagledocf15 said:

Any updates on this build?

Not really eagle she is sitting on the shelf at the moment as I don't have the enthusiasm to finish the model due to the Matt varnish ruining the paint job but one day I might but the canopy and other little bits on... We will see!

Regards

Joss