Hanriot HD.1 Questions HR Models 1/72

silver11

As I finished with Ansaldo, I'm concentrating my focus on finishing another long-standing project, another Italian bird Hanriot HD.1. I'm building a plane that was flown by Mario Fuchi, the plane has two machine guns and here are my questions:

What type of synchronization mechanism might it have? I mean did it have "horn" on top of the muzzle or not? Also what about scoop underneath of the muzzle (I think it was a protection from shock wave from the gun)? I also have seen pictures where they present and absent as well. And final question did his plane had a sight, if yes what type?  

Thank you for any help.

Alex20170405_1901291_zpsia8m7n5j.jpg20170405_1901411_zpsggqcdfxv.jpg20170405_1901521_zpsb0jznifr.jpg20170405_1901591_zpsnfuoiffz.jpg

• Like 3

Looking like a great build there! I've never looked closely at the camouflage on these Italian WW1 aircraft, so two questions if you don't mind....
I.  How did you achieve that mottled effect on your model?
2. Do you have any idea how the finish was applied on the real aircraft at the time?
Now I'm off to have a look for your Ansaldo post....!

Well, I utilize the same technique that I developed for Ansaldo, but unlike Ansaldo where I needed irregular shape holes and used for that soldering Iron, here for Hanriot I needed more or less regular rounded holes but of different diameters though. So in order to do that, I ordered via eBay biopsy punchers of different sizes and randomly used them on scotch plastic tape in order to create the mask. In order to achieve desired density of the camouflage, I made few passes with airbrush every time shifting or repositioning mask so the holes got overlapped.IMG_6718_zpsyamqpfil.jpg  

As for how the actual plane was painted, I'm too young to witness that :) However I have few pictures of this plane and most likely it was painted by short strokes of paint brush over painted canvas. Here is one of the pictures  and profile created based on this photo:Anrio%20HD1%20victories%20Vtr_HD1_zpsy0p1436119641_pic_zpsmhqpd8vr.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, silver11 said:

Well, I utilize the same technique that I developed for Ansaldo, but unlike Ansaldo where I needed irregular shape holes and used for that soldering Iron, here for Hanriot I needed more or less regular rounded holes but of different diameters though. So in order to do that, I ordered via eBay biopsy punchers of different sizes and randomly used them on scotch plastic tape in order to create the mask. In order to achieve desired density of the camouflage, I made few passes with airbrush every time shifting or repositioning mask so the holes got overlapped.IMG_6718_zpsyamqpfil.jpg  

As for how the actual plane was painted, I'm too young to witness that :) However I have few pictures of this plane and most likely it was painted by short strokes of paint brush over painted canvas. Here is one of the pictures  and profile created based on this photo:Anrio%20HD1%20victories%20Vtr_HD1_zpsy0p1436119641_pic_zpsmhqpd8vr.jpg

What an inspired and clever paint mask!

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...