1/72 - de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito family by AZmodel - in project - first release (NF.30?) in 2021 ?

Homebee

AZ model is to release a new tool family of 1/72nd de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito.

Among others the NF.30 variant.

Source: 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=2686107

Mossie.jpg

First announcement was made with a NF.19 picture ;)

Mossie2.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Homebee said:

First announcement was made with a NF.19 picture ;)

V.P.

Pic was changed after competion company Special Hobby laugh about it at public forum.  

(they have 1/72 two-stage variants Mosquito project in progress too)

Not sure Special hobby have that much to laugh about, they are not above making errors. you only have to look at the late mark Spitfires/Seafires with their very strange wing tips and their Hornets are not above reproach especially around the cockpit canopy and windscreen. Both firms seem announce kits and then nothing seems to happen for ages whilst stuff that has not been announced suddenly appears. Think of how long a Hart has been in the pipeline and the Sunderland seems to having the moulds made when someone has a bit of time to work on them. Sorry for a bit of a moan and glad someone is doing some two stage Mosquito's at last, but it does seem strange how some firms work.

Edited by Martin T
Added text.
  • Like 5

Now expecteded for Q2 2018.

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/na-cem-se-pracuje-v-kpaz/

(...) Další typ, na kterém probíhají dokončovací práce bude nenahlášeným překvapením, jedná se o britský dvoumotorový typ a objeví se ve druhém čtvrtletí.(...)

Google: "Another type of finishing work will be an unprecedented surprise, it is a British twin-engine type and will appear in the second quarter"

Correction: the announced British twin engine a/c type kit for Q2 2018 is a DH.88 Comet and not the Mosquito ! :blush:

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Better late than never! I too look forward to a late model Mosquito night fighter. A more than adequate replacement for my long-lost Matchbox NF.30 (I think it was an NF.30). Now about that Hart from Special Hobby...

Regards,

Jason 

• 8 months later...

I am in agreement with most of the other commentators.  It is really great to see late mark mosquitos in 1/72 scale finally in the pipeline.  I have always wondered why Hasegawa never did these.  This has always been an obvious gap in the market.  But better late than never.

• 2 years later...

It was supposed to be a whole range of two-staged supercharged variants, not just an NF.30. There has been no further sign, and it's now a significantly less attractive commercial proposition since Airfix occupied the 1/72 two-stage supercharged Mosquito space with the January announcement

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

It was supposed to be a whole range of two-staged supercharged variants, not just an NF.30. There has been no further sign, and it's now a significantly less attractive commercial proposition since Airfix occupied the 1/72 two-stage supercharged Mosquito space with the January announcement

Since Airfix has only shown a bomber version, it still leaves plenty of scope to do the fighter versions with the two-stage Merlins.

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito family by AZmodel - in project - first release (NF.30?) in 2021 ?
8 hours ago, Nick Nichols said:

Assembly instructions from Special Hobby

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?p=2370908#p2370908

Special Hobby Mosquito projects are another story. Thread is here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235019488-172-de-havilland-mosquito-two-stage-variants-by-special-hobby/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

5 hours ago, Neal said:

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

Those are the Attack Squadron ones re-issued.

I had collected together Two-stagers from Brengun and Bulged bomb-bay, 100 Gal. tanks and decals from Freightdog. Guess what Airfix are releasing! So I decided to get on with it. Not on a WIP, forgot as I was doing it in tandem with an Airfix NF. II.  The parts fit really well and look Ok to me, but don't cut the nascelles on the line like the instructions say as there will be a gap! Cut away from the panel line then file to fit.  Here's some shots, nearly finished and will be in the RFI section soon.

Davey.

DSC_0002 DSC_0003 DSC_0004

• Like 7

On 1/31/2021 at 5:51 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Since Airfix has only shown a bomber version, it still leaves plenty of scope to do the fighter versions with the two-stage Merlins.

Nevertheless, there is no evidence that it's happening.

At least with the Special Hobby one there have been occasional viewings of CAD work, the last being in late 2020. With the AZ one... tumbleweed

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 20/02/2018 at 03:34, Homebee said:

Now expecteded for Q2 2018.

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/na-cem-se-pracuje-v-kpaz/

Correction: the announced British twin engine a/c type kit for Q2 2018 is a DH.88 Comet and not the Mosquito ! :blush:

V.P.

That is one unarmed, record setting, two seater, long distance monoplane that I would like to make a model of, in 1/72, please!

I like AZ's strangeness and charm, personally.