"A" vark

Hewy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm calling this finished, i could maybe spend another week or so fettling this, but I'm reasonably happy with how she's turned out in the end, the eagle eyed out there will notice i closed the bomb bay, i had to do this to save the model being smashed to smithereens:P, my blunder, to all who have responded, cheers for the input and comments throughout the build it really did keep me going on this when i could have filed it on the shelf many times,now im looking forward to building a su24 to put along side it ,I'll try and do a better job, 

Thanks again 

Glynn

Ps, its a big old model ill get some full piccies in the gallery tomorrow, theres barely enough room for a glass of wine for me and mrs hewy at the little table its on:ner:

OI000179_zpsieeeyi9r.jpg

OI000178_zpssr0vteqs.jpg

OI000188_zpskasez1yb.jpg

OI000177_zpsjgar0g0j.jpg

OI000180_zpsh6oisxtm.jpg

OI000184_zpsizvptin0.jpg

OI000188_zpskasez1yb.jpg

OI000171_zpsxmkrd6li.jpg

OI000170_zps0dynbrnx.jpg

Edited by Hewy
Spelling
  • Like 7

well done Glynn, she looks awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Know all too well how bad the HB model is you've done a fantastic job on her, I'm especially impressed with the open canopy. lack of time and sheer terror :D stopped me from going that far, good on ya for doing it and doing it well!

Glad you could join us for the build, I hope it wasn't too painful, now you can sit back and enjoy that wine!

I'm with you on the Su-24, have already got that one all planned, have the decals & masks plus all the Complete Zip resin correction sets for the Trumpy beast! :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

well done Glynn, she looks awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Know all too well how bad the HB model is you've done a fantastic job on her, I'm especially impressed with the open canopy. lack of time and sheer terror :D stopped me from going that far, good on ya for doing it and doing it well!

Glad you could join us for the build, I hope it wasn't too painful, now you can sit back and enjoy that wine!

I'm with you on the Su-24, have already got that one all planned, have the decals & masks plus all the Complete Zip resin correction sets for the Trumpy beast! :D

Cheers rich, only a bit painfull ,shame really is a nice kit in places,but let down in others,and I'm still glad of the experience, I've been looking at the su 24 correction sets and they add nearly as much again as i paid for the kit ,,trumpy boss strikes again,why dont we just stick to tamiya,:P cheers

Glynn

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Yep, very nice indeed. Well done.

Thanks jabba

20 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Wow! Simply stunning! A killer combo of great overall finish plus oodles of details too.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks adrian very kind

12 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

That is a beauty Glynn, amazing job! The work on the canopy really paid off, loads of details and loads of weapons, just superb!

David

The canopy ground me down, i was a bit tentative when i demasked it,a large heavy object was close to hand;),in the end i am pleased with the final result ,got to find space for it now  ,cheers david

Glynn

• Like 1

Looks great Glynn, looks good with the open canopy doors showing off those amazing seats. You'll no doubt be feeling the same relief to get it done and out the way as I felt!

I too have a Trumpeter Su-24 with KZ resin add on's, unofficial mini group build anyone?!

Muzz

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Looks great Glynn, looks good with the open canopy doors showing off those amazing seats. You'll no doubt be feeling the same relief to get it done and out the way as I felt!

I too have a Trumpeter Su-24 with KZ resin add on's, unofficial mini group build anyone?!

Muzz

Oo oo did someone mention another GB???? :bounce:As much as I would like to say yes, I just have too many thinks on the go at the moment, but once they are out of the way! The only extra mine won't have is the kitchen sink.....not unless they had one hidden in the wheel bay??? :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Muzz said:

Muzz

I like it muzz su 24 mini gb maybe sept- oct ish :D going to get some goodies for mine too, and defo a camouflaged  version, yes there was a sigh of relief:party:,an su24 will look smashing side by side with a 111 don't you think,cheers muzz

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Oo oo did someone mention another GB???? :bounce:As much as I would like to say yes, I just have too many thinks on the go at the moment, but once they are out of the way! The only extra mine won't have is the kitchen sink.....not unless they had one hidden in the wheel bay??? :D

You thinking the "camo or plain jane" su24 rich?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I like it muzz su 24 mini gb maybe sept- oct ish :D going to get some goodies for mine too, and defo a camouflaged  version, yes there was a sigh of relief:party:,an su24 will look smashing side by side with a 111 don't you think,cheers muzz

Sudan's examples look stunning in the desert scheme but nobody does decals for them yet. The Algerian ones are very similar which could be an option. Ok, you have the summer to recover and then it'll be Fencer time!😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hewy said:

the Digital Ukraine version, aircraft "41", I've also got one of their Su-25s to do in a digital scheme as well, plus for the MiG-29 STGB I'm doing a Slovakian MiG-29AS in digital camo.......I think there may be a theme starting here!! :D 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

the Digital Ukraine version, aircraft "41", I've also got one of their Su-25s to do in a digital scheme as well, plus for the MiG-29 STGB I'm doing a Slovakian MiG-29AS in digital camo.......I think there may be a theme starting here!! :D 

Nice, Might be joining the 29 gb too,  I'll know for definite after the weekend, those digital camos do look good though, cheers rich

Glynn