Crisis, What Crisis? (1/72 AZ Gloster Gauntlet)

1 minute ago, Harley John said:

Well if you are after a Douglas connection and a Bader connection, how about Sholto? Although since I come down on the side of Dowding & Park I'm not sure why I suggested it. Apologies!!!:jabber:

I tried Hugh, I tried Keith, nothing. I asked if we could name him Edward, and she said she would never be able to look at me the same way! 

• Like 6

To be fair it seems that once again there's an inordinate amount of ouch in the title for this magnus opus

The crisis seems to be more domestic than usual, I'm sorry to see you being so ignobly treated by your owner PC

😥

To be fair, yet again, the naming of the offspring crisis is one of those life defining situations

Lady P and I went through thousands of combinations, often based round the forenames of chaps I didn't like who had been hanging round her juvenile skirt strings when we were teenagers

Hence Jason went, Matthew went along with others of our old set.Even my mate Freddie

So we settled on a single, short name that was too short to make a nickname from

Seemed right to us

But Neil became Ne to his mates

You cannot win...

😬

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Jacksonville

According to Ash it's the happiest place on Earth.

It is a beautiful and happy town with plenty of job opportunities if one ignores the gang violence that goes on in certain areas. Just don't venture into those areas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perdu said:

To be fair it seems that once again there's an inordinate amount of ouch in the title for this magnus opus

The crisis seems to be more domestic than usual, I'm sorry to see you being so ignobly treated by your owner PC

😥

To be fair, yet again, the naming of the offspring crisis is one of those life defining situations

Lady P and I went through thousands of combinations, often based round the forenames of chaps I didn't like who had been hanging round her juvenile skirt strings when we were teenagers

Hence Jason went, Matthew went along with others of our old set.Even my mate Freddie

So we settled on a single, short name that was too short to make a nickname from

Seemed right to us

But Neil became Ne to his mates

You cannot win...

😬

Ne?

Good grief...

• Like 1

My parents thought they'd picked names which couldn't be shortened too, Ian became simply "E" to some.....

Good luck!

Ian

• Like 1

Hello PC,

Congratulations to you and Mrs PC !:clap2::partytime:

An happy new is Healing, and life is always the winner.

I did'nt like my first name, choosed by my mother after a french singer of the time being, Raaah singing love song for the elderlies.

My oldest son from a previous union is named Xavier, but when I went CONUS with him, about no one has pronounced it rightly:blink:

So I included that parameter is my head for the following ones.

I would have called my daughter Chinook, after the significance in Cheyenne langage, but when I told it to Mrs CC.....

So after SALT like négociations we went on for Madlyne, in germany or UK her name is respected. Good job !

My other son is Nicolas, once again, it will be fine. Whatever, they both 3 are glad with their names :coolio:

Nicolas or Roland will be fine. And Sir Nicolas is doing great ! Just mind it right now.

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello PC,

Congratulations to you and Mrs PC !:clap2::partytime:

An happy new is Healing, and life is always the winner.

I did'nt like my first name, choosed by my mother after a french singer of the time being, Raaah singing love song for the elderlies.

My oldest son from a previous union is named Xavier, but when I went CONUS with him, about no one has pronounced it rightly:blink:

So I included that parameter is my head for the following ones.

I would have called my daughter Chinook, after the significance in Cheyenne langage, but when I told it to Mrs CC.....

So after SALT like négociations we went on for Madlyne, in germany or UK her name is respected. Good job !

My other son is Nicolas, once again, it will be fine. Whatever, they both 3 are glad with their names :coolio:

Nicolas or Roland will be fine. And Sir Nicolas is doing great ! Just mind it right now.

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

Chinook?  I think Mrs. CorsairCorp is a wise woman. Very wise.

• Like 1

Mr Procopius naming children is a huge responsibility.  One has to think of what their peers will do with the name.  For eg Peter Flower Diddims and Dean Head just 2 that come to mind at the moment.  My 2 cents worth ( that is AUD cents) you need a standard name.  Think of what other tosser kids are going to call your child at school.  Dean got Dick Head, Head Job etc.

Best of luck with the naming and I am glad it is you and not me.  My two are Alexander Declan and Clarissa Jane.  You have to also take into account their surname, our is Campton-Jones a bloody mouth ful

Stephen

Edited by StephenCJ

12 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Chinook?  I think Mrs. CorsairCorp is a wise woman. Very wise.

Hello Thud,

Yes Chinook, that mean savage Wind, or the Wind that cannot be tamed.

Aaaaand unless someone told her that it is also the name of an helicopter....It was about to win !

Considering my dear Madlyne, this would have been a very appropriated name !!

Mrs CC is Wise no question about that but she wanted to name our son Sacha.

He would have suffer at school since sacha is the name of a Pokemon character.

Choosing a name is not easy, please PC do not choose Bernard please 'cause I don't like Montgomery !

There are lots of british heroes, Galahad ? William ( no that will turn to Bill )

Have a nice day you all and take care !

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

23 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Thud,

Yes Chinook, that mean savage Wind, or the Wind that cannot be tamed.

Aaaaand unless someone told her that it is also the name of an helicopter....It was about to win !

Considering my dear Madlyne, this would have been a very appropriated name !!

Mrs CC is Wise no question about that but she wanted to name our son Sacha.

He would have suffer at school since sacha is the name of a Pokemon character.

Choosing a name is not easy, please PC do not choose Bernard please 'cause I don't like Montgomery !

There are lots of british heroes, Galahad ? William ( no that will turn to Bill )

Have a nice day you all and take care !

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

So?

• Like 1

Seriously?

If they do even a simplified antecedent check first he might be understandably peeved when they drop the idea

We've rellies transported to Australia for nicking a jacket 

Sheep too no doubt ;)

Er, me too of course but

I can't tell you

Usual "I'd have to"s apply...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Procopius, I see you've posted in a few places this week so did every thing straighten out? 

Just to go a little OT, have you checked out the new MST3K yet? Seems like a little comedy might be just what you need.

2 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Procopius, I see you've posted in a few places this week so did every thing straighten out? 

I still have zero mojo, honestly. But I try and peek in every now and then.

3 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Just to go a little OT, have you checked out the new MST3K yet? Seems like a little comedy might be just what you need.

I have. I can't tell anyone's voices apart when they're in the theater, so I gave up on it. 

• Like 3

OK

Let's do this the other way

Hi PC, how is Mrs PC getting along?

Winston, has he calmed down to a low level megavibrato yet?

Did you know there was an aeroplane made by the Gloster Aircraft company before they made the magnificent Gladiator?

Could you guess I couldnt really remember Gloster's proper title?

Anyway, how are you doing dad?

b (who will never be Sir Bill (Nor Sir William) neither)       ;)

I hope the mojo returns soon PC and that 'life' isn't too arduous at the moment.

Best wishes from here :) 

• Like 1

I reckon this lost mojo business is just more fake news.

What this thread needs is a Big Win.

Wait a minute, this guy was modelling a Russian aircraft a while back...is he keeping a low profile from Congress, just in case?

Bring your erudition and humour back to us when you can PC, but we all understand the need for a hiatus sometimes, or is this a lacunae?

Either way.

Fond regards,

Tony

• Like 4

I've been away from BM a little while PC, I just caught up with your thread.

Such sad news regarding your uncle; sincere condolences from all in the 'Tiger' household.

On the other hand; hearty congratulations on PC Mk. III !! Wonderful news!

As others have mentioned, the wheel of life.

Completely understandable that the Mojo has waned.

As an aside, when I hear or see the word 'Mojo', I instantly think of a club that many 60's  bands starred at in the U.K., (with a 'sprung dance floor') *just* before they became hugely successful. Such bands (The Who, Joe Cocker etc.) aided the owner on his way to being a millionaire.

This 'fellow', well known for his utter lack of fashion sense and appaling haircuts, went on to being famous for many and mostly tasteless reasons. 

A little snippet of British 'pop-history' for any Anglophile PC. This club owner reminds me, now, of POTUS, in many ways (and/or vice-versa). It's as important to know about these cringeworthy characters as it is the more dignified ones..

Something utterly tangential to try to aid you in getting your personal sprung floor Mojo back, a 'King Mojo', I hope ;). 

What's in a name?

At school we we were divided into four 'houses', I think this was common in British schools at the time. Each competed to be the best for a soecial''assembly' at the end of each month, each term.

Each had the name of an inspirational individual. One was American in origin 'Roosevelt', I was rather proud to be in 'Bader'. I have honestly forgotten the names of the other two....

Nevertheless, I therefore have a leaning, with others, towards the name 'Douglas'. An bsolute BoB, Best of British name :thumbsup2: .

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I've been away from BM a little while PC, I just caught up with your thread.

Such sad news regarding your uncle; sincere condolences from all in the 'Tiger' household.

On the other hand; hearty congratulations on PC Mk. III !! Wonderful news!

As others have mentioned, the wheel of life.

Completely understandable that the Mojo has waned.

As an aside, when I hear or see the word 'Mojo', I instantly think of a club that many 60's  bands starred at in the U.K., (with a 'sprung dance floor') *just* before they became hugely successful. Such bands (The Who, Joe Cocker etc.) aided the owner on his way to being a millionaire.

This 'fellow', well known for his utter lack of fashion sense and appaling haircuts, went on to being famous for many and mostly tasteless reasons. 

A little snippet of British 'pop-history' for any Anglophile PC. This club owner reminds me, now, of POTUS, in many ways (and/or vice-versa). It's as important to know about these cringeworthy characters as it is the more dignified ones..

Something utterly tangential to try to aid you in getting your personal sprung floor Mojo back, a 'King Mojo', I hope ;). 

What's in a name?

At school we we were divided into four 'houses', I think this was common in British schools at the time. Each competed to be the best for a soecial''assembly' at the end of each month, each term.

Each had the name of an inspirational individual. One was American in origin 'Roosevelt', I was rather proud to be in 'Bader'. I have honestly forgotten the names of the other two....

Nevertheless, I therefore have a leaning, with others, towards the name 'Douglas'. An bsolute BoB, Best of British name :thumbsup2: .

All best regards

TonyT

Hello PC

I agree totally with TonyT, Gee, what a pair of kids Winston and Douglas !

As a fan of Roland P. Beamont, Roland has to be considered too !! may be for your Protoprocopius Mk II ??

I send you a lot of good energy, hope that you'll be back soon with your techniques and your humor.

Keep the faith man !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

I didn't get married until I was 42; no particular reason other than the only one that matters, which is that I didn't meet the right woman until I was 41. [The RN didn't help; I had an uncanny knack of meeting someone interesting a few days befoee going on a long deployment. "How about a drink..? December any good?" didn't tend to go down well].

Anyway, one of my smug married friends decided that some match-making was required, and against my better judgement I agreed to a blind date.  Turned up, we seemed to be getting on well enough, though without any particular spark, until we got onto the topic of names.  You know mine, and hers was unusual as well, so we were having the discussion about how careful you need to be before saddling a child with a dodgy name.  I was looking away for a second, and heard "So what shall we call ours?"

Since we had only met a couple of hours before, I didn't think it unreasonable to assume she was joking, so I said "I've always wanted two boys called Genghis and Atilla; I think Genghis Morton has a certain pizzazz...". Then I looked up.

She wasn't joking.

The Bernard Hermann "Psycho" strings chords started echoing in my head.  I couldn't get out of the place fast enough...

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 6