Italeri 1:32 F104G Starfighter Double Build

Ok so I decided to build both of my Italeri 1:32 Starfighter kits together as I couldn't decide what schemes to do! In the opted for the following:

• Italian Air Force F104G 154 Gruppo, 6 Stormo, Ghedi 1971
  • Marineflieger Geschwade 2, Eggbeck 1973

I thoroughly enjoyed both builds - excellent detail and a good fit except the tail section which was a devils own job to mate with the main fuselage. 

Both kits we made out of the box with only canopy masks and Eduard cockpit detail as extras. Paints were all Tamiya this time with Alclad for the metal areas. Since I've started mixing Tamiya with Mr Color leveling thinner I have been getting excellent results and for me Tamiya is easier to get hold of locally. 

Big thank you to 'IanF' who stepped in with a replacement decal for the Italian aircraft as I had made a hash of it!

Anyway the photos - will try and get a few more done tomorrow

Chris

2017-04-01_15.00.29.jpg2017-04-01_15.00.53.jpg2017-04-01_15.02.58.jpg2017-04-01_15.01.26.jpg2017-04-01_15.04.54.jpg

Edited by Skyhunter66
re-link the photos
  • Like 42

I'd like to be able to say one of the best Starfighter's I have ever seen,but I'll have to say two of the best Starfighter's I've ever seen instead:worthy:

Hi Chris,

Excellent models in every department of an iconic Cold War type. I can still hear the strange "howl" the engine made when flying low level as I was based in RAF Germany during the very early 1970's where Starfighters were a common sight from various NATO operators and always liked the type. Once again, a lovely "pair".

albamac:viking:.......(frustrated Norseman)

Many thanks for all your kind comments - I realise I was wrong about the colours for the Marine F104! The top colour is Mr Color 337, nose cone on both is humbrol 147 and the orange is humbrol.

Anyway they are now on the shelf:

2017-04-02%2013.50.27_zpsn2lpwnl3.jpg2017-04-02%2013.50.32_zpsoeklnlbh.jpg2017-04-02%2013.50.38_zpsebe1lkdv.jpg

• Like 9

Hello,Skyhunter - My full compliments on that superb looking pair of 'Starfighters'.Alas,they are outshone - by those beautiful 'Phantoms'😍

Not that I'm biased,of course!?

Great modelling and a well organised cockpit too!

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

beautiful 'Phantoms

Sorry mate but you need to get to Specsavers...... You just can't beat a '104

crank up the volume! ;)

Martin

• Like 1

Great Starfighter's, was put off by some of the comments / reports on these but seeing your ones I will need to get one some where along the line, WELL DONE.

Ali