Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR9

I built this kit for a friend, and after the disastrous year for my mojo last year, the beginning of this year so far hasn't fared any better. It was built completely out of the box, and he wanted it as RAF, but my budget and lack of spares didn't allow for it, so I made it as a Joint Harrier Force pool air frame. It was a cracking kit to build from start to finish, but again, due to my low mood and lack of time, I left off the weaponry and weathering.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 21

52 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Looks just fine to me Mark, fwiw & imho of course, I rather like a clean simple finish like this, it also saves agonising about "have I done too much or not enough weathering". :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, I'm really not good at weathering anyway. My skill only really stretches to panel washes at the moment, but even with those I think less is more.

• Like 2

If I could produce something as nice of that with good mojo, let alone bad, I'd be very pleased. 

And I'm not a great fan of weathering, especially the more "artistic" forms of it, either.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2017 at 2:01 PM, Seahawk said:

If I could produce something as nice of that with good mojo, let alone bad, I'd be very pleased. 

And I'm not a great fan of weathering, especially the more "artistic" forms of it, either.

Thanks Seahawk, I would love to be a bit more enthusiastic really. 2015 was my most productive year, with 10 builds in total. I only managed 4 last year, and so far this year I've completed 2. Both for friends.

2 hours ago, missile-monkey said:

I'll echo Seahawk's comments... Hope you get your mojo back soon..

MM.

Thanks MM, I hope so too. I'm currently on with a 1/400 Queen Mary 2, and she's high maintenance :think:

54 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Still a great looking Harrier Mark,and they were all brand new once!

Thanks Steve, I was starting to get bored of it, then the first decals went on, then I started to really think it looked awesome

9 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

A fine build, we all need something to help us get back in the mood. I really like your results.

Thanks Baldwin, it certainly helped.

9 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Very nice. Don't worry too much. Mojo's have a habit of returning. 

Thanks Mark, I sure do hope so.