Encore Models 1/72nd T-6 Texan/Harvard

Wez

Just seen this over on the Big H's Future Releases

Encore 1/72nd T6 Texan/Harvard

Does anyone know the provenance of the plastic in this kit?  The Academy being the best 1/72nd T-6 springs to mind but???

Does it provide the proper rear canopy parts for a Harvard IIb I wonder?

£54.99 for a couple of 1/72nd T-6's and an admittedly, gorgeous looking decal sheet seems like an awful lot of the hard earned to me...

I do wish someone would give us an accurate Harvard IIb SFTB - Airfix are you listening?

Edited by Wez
extra text

£54.99!?! That's Hasegawa prices! These will have to be something rather special to justify the money.

Usually, Encore's repop includes PE and resin, and there's no mention of these on the box, even in H's description, while they talk about detailled cockpit and choice of propeller.

This makes me think its not the Academy kit. Maybe Heller, or something really new tool?

Anyway, I would have found the price to be fair with PE and resin, and this beautiful decal sheet, but then...

Hello

I have an older (probably like at least 15 years) single box Encore T-6 and it was Heller plastic with an improved decal sheet. I don't know if the pastic is the same in this new boxing but chances are it's Heller.

Plus given I think Heller plastic can be found under various other banners (Revell, Airfix, ...) and I strongly believe the Academy T-6 basically is a Heller rescribed I think it should not be too far. 

Best regards

Eric B.

I had the Encore ex-Heller one too.  Texan enthusiasts will note that there are at least three different versions shown on the artwork, none of which are straight Gs!  At least, not as shown in the art, but I have suspicions about a couple of them.  The Heller kit did have underwing gunpods for the French aircraft, which are not shown.  Having passed two Heller Gs to a local charity shop before Christmas (T-6 kit overload, no criticism of the excellent kit), I don't think I'll be tempted by this one unless there's much more to it than showing.

1 hour ago, Flyboy72nd said:

Just got an online ad from Squadron, showing the sprues, for this kit - the Academy tab is still on the sprues!!! No mention of resin or etch.

Thanks for that confirmation, £54.99 is indeed a hefty price for a couple of Academy T-6's and a gorgeous decal sheet!

Maybe there are three kits in the box ?

Edit:

It's a two 2 kit Combo, so the price is a bit on the high side indeed unless it contains special parts ...

• 3 years later...

Not surprised that they hung around at $55. The decal sheet, though large, was not particularly impressive from a print quality perspective. At $10 for two Academy T-6’s, and the decal as a bonus, it is a steal.

4 hours ago, troschi said:

For any reason, this combo-kit can’t be shipped to Germany (says the shop) 😠😤

Hi Troschi

Don't worry Wolfpack is to rebox the Academy kit in the near future

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/wolfpack-design-wp17207-t-6g-texan--1262425

Patrice

19 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Troschi

Don't worry Wolfpack is to rebox the Academy kit in the near future

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/wolfpack-design-wp17207-t-6g-texan--1262425

Patrice

Pas besoin d'aller si loin Patrice... L'info est toujours sur Britmodeller! 😉

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

Pas besoin d'aller si loin Patrice... L'info est toujours sur Britmodeller!

V.P.

Bonjour VP

Oui c'est vrai ..

En tous les cas j'espere que quand le boitage Wolfpack sera dispo les frais de port seront moins élevés que de commander le pack Encore Models depuis les Usa ..

Cordialement

Patrice

12 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Bonjour VP

Oui c'est vrai ..

En tous les cas j'espere que quand le boitage Wolfpack sera dispo les frais de port seront moins élevés que de commander le pack Encore Models depuis les Usa ..

Cordialement

Patrice

When the time comes, the best offer on the international online market, P&P included, should be - as usual for the Wolpack Design kits/sets - LM.

Wait and see.

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=WP-17207

Regards,

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 7:41 AM, troschi said:

For any reason, this combo-kit can’t be shipped to Germany (says the shop) 😠😤

I bought one from the US site on the global auction site, paid US postage, and it was posted from Germany!

Martin

3 minutes ago, keithjs said:

I just went to order one and it was going to be $58 for postage.....I don't think so!!  Ridiculous!

Hi keithjs

And I was going to complain about $33 for postage I agree with you the post charges from the Usa are just silly... 

Luckily I still have a few original Academy kits in my stash ..

Patrice

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi keithjs

And I was going to complain about $33 for postage I agree with you the post charges from the Usa are just silly... 

Luckily I still have a few original Academy kits in my stash ..

Patrice

Funny you should say that as I've just had an email from them asking why I didn't complete my purchase.....

• Haha 1

Definitely looks like the Academy going by the images above. There is no connection between the Heller kit and Academy as far as the plastic goes. Both completely different.   But for me none of the schemes interest me and at that price plus shipping from far off lands  I'm out.   I'll make do with the Heller ones I have picked up for £2.50 each at a show. And an Airfix one in poly bag.  We just need to badger Airfix for a new tool lots of times!!   With alternative rear cockpit glazing portion and upper decking options too, plus long and short exhausts etc.

• Like 4