Anybody heard of Bell-Models decals?

ReccePhreak

A friend sent me the link to these decals:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-72-Thailand-airforce-roundel-ki27-Model-Kit-Water-Decal-/172405083851?hash=item282424cecb:g:VL0AAOSwXyVYJTGE

It says "water decals", but doesn't specify if they are silk screen decals with individual carrier films, or just inkjet decals on a large sheet of decal paper.

If it's the latter, then I will not waste my time on them, but if it's the former, I would be interested.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
typo

hi  PH,

for the price give them a go...and tell us all !

Geoff

F.T.G. 1356

On 4/9/2017 at 7:35 AM, G.E.SAUNDERS said:

hi  PH,

for the price give them a go...and tell us all !

Geoff

F.T.G. 1356

I just found out they are inkjet decals, so I am going to pass on them.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, docipaul said:

which Thai aircraft do you fancy?

I "fancy" all Thai aircraft, military & civil. I build military Thai aircraft from WW1 to the present day in 1/48, 1/72 & 1/32~35 scale. My Civil Thai aircraft are mainly 1/144 scale. I also build 1/35 Thai armor. Since there aren't a lot of aircraft models already with Thai markings, and AFAIK only ONE armor kit in Thai markings, I have around 150 aftermarket Thai & Siamese decal sheets.

That should keep me busy for awhile, along with all my reconnaissance aircraft. :whistle:

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

41 minutes ago, docipaul said:

Have you done any OV-10? 

Siam decals do Thais.

I have the Siam Scale decals for the OV-10C in 1/72 & 1/48 scale. I will use my Academy 1/72 OV-10A for the 1/72 Siam Scale decals, but for the 1/48 I will not use the old & INACCURATE 1/48 Hawk/Testors kit, but instead wait for the HAZMAT kit.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296183-148-ov-10a-bronco/

Maybe it will come with Thai decals. :pray:

My recently acquired KittyHawk 1/32 OV-10A/C kit comes with Thai markings. :clap2:

Maybe I will try to convert my Testors 1/48 OV-10 into an RTAF5. :hmmm:

300px-RTAF-5_(7880743608).jpg

Larry

• 2 years later...

Glad I found this thread, I too have been drawn into their decals, but now that you say they are printed by an ink jet, I am a bit nervous, since I just put in an offer for a set of decals today. Hopefully they reject it, but if they don't, I will have to buy them. I won't be using them anytime soon, but when I do, I will come back with a review.

Wish me luck in NOT having my offer accepted.

Cheers,

Anthony