• 60s NATO vs Warsaw Pact in Europe
    • Britmodeller 10th Anniversary
    • Nightfighter II
    • What If IV
    • Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command
    • Brits Abroad
    • Big screen, Little Screen

This poll is closed to new votes

I haven't been posting daily updates as I didn't want to fill up/clog up the thread. But the end is drawing near I'll start daily updates as those last couple of positions are up for grabs by a few GB's!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Enzo, thanks for a sterling job at getting the BM hoardes together and vote for the 2018 Group Builds!

I've now cast my votes and sadly see that the 11th Hour GB is falling behind slightly. I echo Kallisti's earlier comment regarding the enormity of the event. 100 years since the end of the Great War. On the same vein, why no RAF GB this year? It's their 100th birthday!

But reading the rules, should anyone want to do a Great War or RAF subject, then surely the rules of the Britmodeller 10th Anniversary GB apply? We could just state that the model was from 10(0) years ago!

• Like 1

About the RAF 100 Anniversary, there is group build across the pond over at finescale - at least the host is from the UK .  38 people signed up, and so far has 29 completed builds. 

Why something like this never happened here is odd, but then you have an American subject like Grumman doing quite well in the  vote.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

as mentioned I'll start doing these daily now as things will start to get very interesting.

....and things are getting interesting at 9th place, the final slot is still very open. Even the Eleventh Hour GB could still make and last minute (11th hour) dash!! :rofl2:  Be thankful I do this in the morning and not at night after a few beers! :D

2018%20Voting%2025-11_zpsksmamnvk.jpg

I think for something different next year we should have the 9 GB's with the least amounts of votes go through! Now that would make for some really interesting strategic voting!!! :hmmm: :devil:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

as mentioned I'll start doing these daily now as things will start to get very interesting.

....and things are getting interesting at 9th place, the final slot is still very open. Even the Eleventh Hour GB could still make and last minute (11th hour) dash!! :rofl2:  Be thankful I do this in the morning and not at night after a few beers! :D

2018%20Voting%2025-11_zpsksmamnvk.jpg

I think for something different next year we should have the 9 GB's with the least amounts of votes go through! Now that would make for some really interesting strategic voting!!! :hmmm: :devil:

Aah...the famous 'Pointless' approach! :winkgrin:

(I watch waaay too much dayTV) :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

6 hours ago, JackG said:

About the RAF 100 Anniversary, there is group build across the pond over at finescale - at least the host is from the UK .  38 people signed up, and so far has 29 completed builds. 

Why something like this never happened here is odd, but then you have an American subject like Grumman doing quite well in the  vote.

regards,

Jack

This is because nobody proposed or offered to host an RAF centenary build, but if they had of done my guess is it would have done well in the poll.

Grumman, lots of people like building Hellcats on here, and especially Eduard Hellcats it seems. 

1 hour ago, old thumper said:

This is because nobody proposed or offered to host an RAF centenary build, but if they had of done my guess is it would have done well in the poll.

Grumman, lots of people like building Hellcats on here, and especially Eduard Hellcats it seems. 

Actually there was a proposal, but the host wanted each participant to lock themselves exclusively to a specific year, and no one else would be allowed to build a subject from time period.  I guess those stipulations were it's undoing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JackG said:

Actually there was a proposal, but the host wanted each participant to lock themselves exclusively to a specific year, and no one else would be allowed to build a subject from time period.  I guess those stipulations were it's undoing.

I don't think that would have been a big bind,

We did 'lesser modelled' countries a couple of years ago; one modeller to one country - it all went very well with a very big entry and finish rate

2 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

Well I placed my mark in a number of boxes but sad to see that one of my votes is well down the listings . . . . . .

Bit like my choice of numbers for the Lottery! :undecided:

7 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I don't think that would have been a big bind,

We did 'lesser modelled' countries a couple of years ago; one modeller to one country - it all went very well with a very big entry and finish rate

Perhaps.  The thread had almost 400 views, but only 11 people signed up.  Maybe it was proposed too early in the year ... but only those that knew about it and never bothered to join know the reason.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

14 hours ago, JackG said:

That is likely the reason, I either missed or forgot about this topic.

There are now five days to go.  The poll will lock at Midnight on Thursday. I will post the official results on Friday evening and then start the negotiations with GB hosts to identify dates.

Requests for specific slots will be treated on a first come, first served basis.  However, I might not be able to guarantee first choices as I would like to have some seperation between similar GBs. .  For example, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have the Carriers and Grumman GBs running concurrently.

Hosts should note that the first GB of the year starts on 20 January - 8 weeks from now.   The first slot of the year is never popular, but someone has to take it. :)

It looks like i'll be hosting a couple of GB's next year along with Me-262 & P-39/63 STGB's! I'm not too fussed where the GB's are in the calendar as long as they not the first and last and not on at the same time as they'll probably be big GB's!

My picks would be Feb for Pacific and Sep/Oct for Carriers?

Ok back to the current standing, no voting changing I can see, the top 3 are safe bets for next year and unfortunately the bottom 6 will probably stay there! But if the Brits Abroad aren't careful they'll be sadly heading home shortly.......along with their Cricket and Rugby League teams!!  :rofl2:

2018%20Voting%2026-11_zpsgkcwfvjr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, we have a point to prove in Rugby League, yet I think you lot down under will prevail, but hopefully we’ll make you work for it.

With regards to the little urn, I think there may be an upset...

Back on topic, go MTO!!

19 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Well, we have a point to prove in Rugby League, yet I think you lot down under will prevail, but hopefully we’ll make you work for it.

With regards to the little urn, I think there may be an upset...

Back on topic, go MTO!!

We have to let these Former Colonials have the odd triumph every now and again. Stops them getting ideas you know Old Chap. Pip Pip and all that.

MTO GB Rocks! I hope it gets through then I can build what I'd planned for the first one :D

• Like 1