Hawker Typhoon 1:24

Thanks Kev another small step completed

Made the bracket to hold the I.F.F (Identification - Friend or Foe) Mk11 ARI 5000 called it a radio above opps

pxqjBa.jpg  

5fobqq.jpg

iTsekt.jpg

Next update should have the fuse glued on

Regards

Richard

• Like 10

On 10/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, Kirk said:

The only way I can tell the above photos aren't from a real aircraft is the lack of depth to the instrument bodies behind the main panel. Witchcraft I tell you. :D 

Thanks again Kirk probably going a bit over board but now retired have a great amount of time to just let the imagination run wild or is it I'am going :mental:

This is a picture of the real radio which shows the set up.

m6PJny.jpg

On 10/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, phildagreek said:

Wow. Just wow.

Thanks a lot Phil

Regards

Richard

I literally have no idea if that last one is real or not. Having read your text a few times I figure it is the model - but as I say, I just cannot imagine it being more real. If you think you're going mad, let me assure you that it is in a very, very good way.

Edited by Kirk
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kirk, just edited the last post to say "picture of the real radio" :D used it to make some of the detail for my model

gui3ZQ.jpg

Did not put the silver straps on side because you wont see from looking through thre opening

S1JW4s.jpg 

Will add some of the wiring and grey plugs because they will be seen

Regards

Richard 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanks for adding all the pictures back Richard. The hour I spent going over them all was well worth it. Absolutely brilliant detailing sir! I've tried casting parts in 1/48 but have not had the kind of success that you have shown here. But then, I don't have all that fancy equipment either!

Keep up the great work. Will watch this one closely.

Andy

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Crimea River said:

Thanks for adding all the pictures back Richard. The hour I spent going over them all was well worth it. Absolutely brilliant detailing sir! I've tried casting parts in 1/48 but have not had the kind of success that you have shown here. But then, I don't have all that fancy equipment either!

Keep up the great work. Will watch this one closely.

Andy

Thanks Andy for taking your time looking at my wip, are you working on the Mosquito down in Nanton :hmmm: just noticed you are from Calgary, lived there for 30 + years been to the Museum many times to see the Mossie

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, Crimea River said:

Indeed I am, every Saturday. Also on the Board of Directors for the team doing the restoration.

Was going to come and join but then retired and moved to the Island was looking very good last time I saw.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:17 AM, longshanks said:

As you've renewed the pics is this a warm up for re starting this blog

Please!

Kev

Sort of :nodding: I am doing bits here and there while working on the Bluenose 

Glued one side of the fuselage and added the wires for elevator, rudder and trim elevators, these trim wires might not be in the right place but you won't see :wacko: 

VbN0WD.jpg

3gWiSc.jpg

Then added the wire coming into air tank, also made electrical connectors to Radio

mxrY9S.jpg

So now I have install the other half made sure all fitted nice and glued :D fitted not to bad couple of seams to fill

S8qSYP.jpg

A6JZHj.jpg

vfK9Rf.jpg

IrYjLj.jpg

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Crimea River said:

Shame to cover up all that nice interior detail but I'm sure you had fun figuring it all out and replicating it.

It is shame as you say,  and you are right I do like to know how things work, I try to find pictures and then build what I see, thats the fun for me.

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

Yeah !

Good to see this sneaking back

:clap2:

Kev

Thanks Kev its quite a accomplishment for me to get to this stage :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard

On 11/5/2019 at 4:30 PM, Crimea River said:

I have a very similar outlook on that and like to build details to help me figure out how the stuff I'm modelling works.

Same goes for me Andy

Any chance of getting some pictures of the Mossy

Regards

Richard

Put some detail on the right cockpit side cover, remove the plastic map case or was it for Pilot manual :hmmm: and made one out of brass, should find something to put in it

RAh1jT.jpg

Added some toggle switches, made a light, added two levers and put a couple of electrical wires, this spruces it up

9Nr58D.jpg

p3KT0U.jpg

Installed the brass parts which go under the flaps had to do a bit of filling for them to fit, will install flaps after painting

nsy4Ut.jpg

z41YKI.jpg 

Did have some gaps to fill

6ykEya.jpg

QuZQxT.jpg

v9R4qq.jpg

GcabQz.jpg

Got the elevators on

C2hNuo.jpg

MQvZgE.jpg

Did not like the gap between the fire wall and fuselage so I added a .040" x .060" strip of plastic, I think it looks better and will hopefully not stand out once painted

aCG1G5.jpg

UOgCKi.jpg

S7CWte.jpg

Yrc1oi.jpg

Two more pipes added which go from radiator to under the engine

9xoMhT.jpg

Filled and cleaned up the top of fuselage 

MmEYsO.jpg

So now it is getting closer to add some paint to her :nodding: 

56L7JP.jpg

pepRnD.jpg

tjJhxU.jpg

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Crimea River said:

Stunning Richard. Go here for the latest on the Mosquito. The latest quarterly report "Slidin' into Winter" has the most recent pics but PM me if you want something more specific.

Andy

Thanks very much Andy Mossy is coming along nicely also see the Hurricane is coming along as well great pictures, will take you up on other pictures :like:

Did get a signed copy of Bob O'Conner Mossy when he was there it's a shame he has now past away.

Hp3UAY.jpg

Got a couple more pic's from the Mosquito society

I9jZet.jpg

jbAv2R.jpg

Very nice model of your Hurricane :goodjob:

Regards

Richard

Was looking at the Bently drawings and books I bought and I noticed there should be a seal on the cockpit side walls I wonder how Airfix missed this :hmmm:

Pictures are to help with build if they are not allowed please delete

ICAffM.jpg

trn8oj.jpg

2X6jic.jpg

tbU3zp.jpg

zxe1aG.jpg

So I made these channel seals out of .004: aluminium shim stock  

NV98Wb.jpg

Then added PE

gatP2h.jpg

Trial fit of the canopy

u8LxjA.jpg 

Got the wheels made up so thought I would see how it would look on her legs 

CqMhu2.jpg

XX3jiF.jpg

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 8

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, Crimea River said:

Any updates Richard on this one-year anniversary (almost)?

Hi Andy sorry missed your post man another year gone bye have done a couple of small things to the engine but got to find some time to start painting  :phew:

Hope all is well with you and staying safe, are you still working on the Mosquito 

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard and thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm still working on the Mossie but we've been shut out of the museum since early December due to Covid so no work going on other than small home projects. Latest report is here: http://www.calgarymosquitosociety.com/feature77/feature_77.html

Stay well!