1/48 Mi-24V Hind Coming from Trumpeter?

madcat911

Not sure about the MiniHobby kit - this was already available last year (at least) in China. I bought it there last September from TaoBao. Funnily it was listed under "Trumpeter" but the box and instructions were clearly Mini Hobby. "?"

Rene

4 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Not sure about the MiniHobby kit - this was already available last year (at least) in China. I bought it there last September from TaoBao. Funnily it was listed under "Trumpeter" but the box and instructions were clearly Mini Hobby. "?"

Rene

The is more or less an upgraded Monogram Hind then, with some slight differences, no?

Cmk does slightly different resin sets I think....

Edited by exdraken

1/72 F-22 Raptor and Su-47 were produced under name WASAN, W.S.N. , later under name MINI HOBBY, later under name TRUMPETER and only small logo was changed.

After about 10 years was re-released under name HOBBY BOSS with updated boxart.

But still it is a same company.

12 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

What a weird choice to re-release the old kit when they could have downscaled their 1/35 kit and sell it like hotcakes.

Would be too easy I guess....

Or they changed the CAD file sytem and can't accsess their old data anymore...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.4.2017 at 7:28 PM, exdraken said:

The is more or less an upgraded Monogram Hind then, with some slight differences, no?

Cmk does slightly different resin sets I think....

I cannot compare to the Monogram /Revell kit but it was said elsewhere that it is a copy of the Monogram kit. The parts look quite similar but the sprue layout is different I think. And there are some extra armour parts like the side mounted cannon.

Resin sets are available from CMK, Pavla and Cobra Company (now sold by Lone Star). Eduard had an etch set and I seem to remember someone else... Part??? I might be mistaken...

Fully aggree with the down scaled 1:35 Hind idea. No doubt a new tool Hind in 1:48 would be great news. I think the Avant Garde guys were spotted measureing a Hind two years ago. Was written here on BM somewhere. Also Freedom Models announced  Hind but no idea which scale or if it is even an egg plane...:

René

• Like 1