F-111D/F - Hasegawa 1/72

HansReggelsen

And yet somehow the earth continues its path around the sun....:raincloud:

.Aardvark034_zpsgxmaahep.jpg

I am not so optimistic anymore about actually completing this before 2'nd of july. 

First it was the 'Durandal'-gate, then the 'Compressor Breakdown', then this 'White-Splashing' and I just found out that I forgot the main-undercarriage-well-door!

How could I forget the main-undercarriage-well-door! :doh: It's just there - there on the sprue!..and it's a big part! :S

I'm telling ya - this build is jinxed! :shocked:

Now I have to summon a vizard from the north :spudniksmurf: to perform some ancient viking exorcism and I have to supply the chickenbones myself! :viking:

No - of course I'll continue, but I'll do it at a slower pace as I want this to be good - not just OK.

So I'm throwing in the towel regarding the deadline of this GB, but if it's OK with you guys I'll finish it after all in the course of a week or three! :please:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2

A valiant effort hans, I think we need the services of a ju ju man to work his magic and purge the bad luck out of this forum too,   it's been an unlucky STGB for quite a few,  she'll still be a cracker when the day does come around, all the best for it hans, 

Glynn 

• Like 1

I think that it is just one of those things in that when things start to go wrong they then tend to multiply. I had a similar issue last week at work. Better to slow down and get this one finished than rush and maybe not get it finished at all when frustration finally takes over. I do hope to see all the work in this build not go to waste and that it gets completed.

• Like 2

I find a blood offering to the god of models often helps....though stabbing yourself with tweezers or a scalpel is usually not recommended when building model...oh nurse???

Yes the time window for this GB is closing very quickly and I for one will also struggle to make the deadline.

Even with all your dramas it's been a great build to follow, please keep up dating it. 

• Like 1

On 27/6/2017 at 0:54 AM, trickyrich said:

I find a blood offering to the god of models often helps....though stabbing yourself with tweezers or a scalpel is usually not recommended when building model...oh nurse???

Yes the time window for this GB is closing very quickly and I for one will also struggle to make the deadline.

Even with all your dramas it's been a great build to follow, please keep up dating it. 

Thanks Rich! :D

All in all it's been fun too! :D

However at the moment I feel the need to get a little distance from this build, but I WILL be back - a little later! 

It's not like I have a grudge against the F-111, but.... :hmmm:

A friend once told me:"Hans, you don't hold a grudge...but you don't forget either!" What can I say - he's right! :winkgrin:

For now I'll pop over to the 'From Russia with Love' GB, as I have an Antonov AN-2 in dire need of some attention and purple paint! :D 

Cheers :bye:

Hans J 

• Like 1