1/48 Airfix Defiant Mk I

This is the newish and quite nice to build 1/48 Boulton-Paul Defiant Mk I. The markings it's dressed in represent 264 Squadron circa the summer of 1940 in the traditional colours of dark green, dark earth all over sky. I didn't find much trouble during the build as the new Airfix kits are gaining a reputation for not only a straight forward and trouble free assembly but also good pricing. 

I picked up the Eduard interior set for it which I've added to the cockpit but I didn't bother with it for the turret. If I'd chosen the option to pose the rear turret open I would have certainly used it for sure. All the paints are from the Mr Color RAF colours set with weathering done using AK/MiG products, pastels and oils.

It was a real pleasure to build without any problems and if you want to do and NF version, parts for the Night Fighter version are in the box though you'll need to source appropriate markings for it.

Cheers,
Mick

_MG_6659_zps484twjsx.jpg

_MG_6660_zps91rp4hkv.jpg

_MG_6661_zpsdfq8fw4i.jpg

_MG_6662_zpsrfqqbdik.jpg

_MG_6666_zpsdrmqckhb.jpg

_MG_6667_zpsi1urhbo0.jpg

_MG_6668_zpssmscsm7r.jpg

_MG_6669_zps9vlkooar.jpg

_MG_6671_zps3zzrthro.jpg

_MG_6672_zpsyib2ivpg.jpg

_MG_6673_zps1ipufc1d.jpg

_MG_6674_zps2njqhkdl.jpg

_MG_6675_zpsbkl3pekk.jpg

_MG_6676_zpsbsuvkdn0.jpg

_MG_6677_zps3p7o40ry.jpg

_MG_6680_zpsl8o7ttsh.jpg

• Like 41

Lovely job,.....cracking Defiant and I love the paintwork,.....one thing,.....the rear antennae mast should be retracted when the undercarriage is lowered,

Cheers

Tony

12 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Lovely job,.....cracking Defiant and I love the paintwork,.....one thing,.....the rear antennae mast should be retracted when the undercarriage is lowered,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony.

It is retracted the 8mm that Airfix suggest on their instructions, it might not show in the photos bu there's a few mm clearance between the antennae and the ground.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...