B-5683, China Eastern Airlines Peacock Livery - 1/200 Hasegawa 737-800

Friends,

After hitting a rough patch with my 777 I wanted to hammer out a quick build to get some mojo back and try out a few new ideas related to paint and finishing. I have a dozen or so 1/200 Hasegawa kits ready for paint, so I grabbed this 737-800 and a set of appropriate decals. The paint job wasn't much of a challenge, I admit, but I've been wanting to practice polishing my clear coat to get a really deep, smooth gloss finish so it was preferable to keep it simple. Also, I had never used Rib Hobby decals before, but I was very impressed with how well they went on the model...

Anyway, I just applied a coat of Future to seal the model, and I will attempt to polish the finish once the clear cures. So, for now, I'm not ready to call it finished...

Thanks for taking a look!

7F_A015JO0EnC0ORI_XjODiB-OwV_OTrZLcpK5ToRjWBWgdXLL2sOCiAxURrgYpZAhVt2O8FfvjLc5lIJIWRJzefIGxj-rjDKj4M28usStKOp1lGpGzUjOAsCWDnWS6bVc-jV8tFLfYLf7E3aBYZTo8ndYVGyUr-2lXDRO7CXaaNdoaixOC05rtxFYRA_hYWonvDnRESvSXWFRJQQAJvCcp03wQZkHrgSFwoxgWzJDsyYOOsXaQjYW5FOneNTfFZDVdMtyvxVsv2_fDQL7lvi8QjQDqC0GydLnq0AkXO3O5uNzWYzUqATFDM8m8a69549pw8HZSXfcfPNIQXu05tQejgUKAxSkgNCGDU4L-k

Edited by Ridgeline
  • Like 3