Welcome and Rules

Enzo the Magnificent

Well it’s finally here, after a long wait the F-111 STGB!

Enzo has kindly offered to help out as Co-Host while on my travels with work.

Ok the rules are pretty much the same as for all GB’s I host, so most of you will be aware of these.

The rules for the STGB are nice and simple and if you have any questions please ask.

#1 - The Group Build will run from 00:01GMT Saturday 1st April to 23:59GMT Sunday 2nd July.

#2 - The build subject is the General Dynamics F-111, so any of the versions are allowed including the F-111B and the later test versions with the adaptive wing. Unfortunately the F-111K will not be allowed, two airframes were built and issued serial numbers XV884 & XV885. But they never flew so they really can’t be allowed.

#3 – The model can be any scale, but sorry no snap-tight models. Aftermarket stuff, as much as you’d like!

#4 – All models must be less than 25% complete at the start of the build, if in doubt please ask me.

#5 - All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress, models cannot go into the gallery unless there is a build thread for them. Please remember only 5 photos go into the gallery.

#6 - No buying/wanted or selling in the GB please, there is a buying and selling section in Britmodeller for this!

#7 - There will be a poll to vote for your favourite build at the end of the GB, but please do not canvas for votes.

#8 –No WhatIf or Fictional schemes! Your build must have actually flown and in colour scheme that was used.

Please be polite and constrictive with your comments to member’s build and no arguments please. No rivet counting either please!

At the end of the day it’s all about having fun and enjoying the build no matter your modelling skill. Those new to GB’s feel free to ask for help if you need it, there’s always plenty of members happy to help out.

I look forward to seeing all your builds in the galley.

• Like 4