This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Help For Heroes Needs Your Help

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

I just got on no problem - laptop running W10 & Chrome,

Keith

Thanks Keith. I am trying to access via Chrome on android, and it keeps bombing out and saying I am now offline... I have to shut my phone down and restart it in order to connect to other websites. Strange!

Cheers Ozzy, it's working for me too now :)

http://www.forces.net/news/models-heroes-helping-recover-mental-scars

Hi Everyone.

Weve been featured on Forces TV this week with a video and a short article on their website.  Click th link above.

A big thank you ro everyone on Britmodeller that has supported us since our inception back in March 2017.  We now run very popular modelling sessions at all the Help for Heroes and Combat stress centres plus numerous orgainisations and treatment charities.

Another fantastic session today, it was that popular we nealy ran out of table space. There were 2 hurricanes, 1 mustang, 1 vw beetle, 1 half track, spitfire, Austin sports car and a tank missing a machine gun. There was really good interaction by all participants. 

Malcolm has organised a Star Wars build on Friday, so far there are 20 sign ups, with fancy dress as a viable option.

I Just saw the group advertised and discussed on Fine scale modelers video rundown. Way to go guys👏🏻 you just hit an even bigger audience. 

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I Just saw the group advertised and discussed on Fine scale modelers video rundown. Way to go guys👏🏻 you just hit an even bigger audience. 

Thank you.  Yes FSM are quite big supporters of ours.  They donate to us with subscriptions for the magazine that we can give as prizes.  We sent the mug and poster back in December last year and it is great to see them displayed on the famous set! 

Just a quick 'bump', by way of a message to say I've just made a small donation, equal to the value of the Amazon gift voucher I received for my leaving collection when I left work on Monday :)

I'm keeping the voucher though! ;)

If any of the more recent joiners to BM have not heard of Models for Heroes, check out their website https://www.modelsforheroes.co.uk/  to see the great work they are doing.

28 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Just a quick 'bump', by way of a message to say I've just made a small donation, equal to the value of the Amazon gift voucher I received for my leaving collection when I left work on Monday :)

I'm keeping the voucher though! ;)

If any of the more recent joiners to BM have not heard of Models for Heroes, check out their website https://www.modelsforheroes.co.uk/  to see the great work they are doing.

Hi Clive. I have just received the notification on PayPal. £25 will pay two sets of modelling tools and supplies for many months of therapeutic modelling. 

Thank you very much Clive for your donation and enthusiastic support. 

How else would you spend Star Wars day? Modelling of course.

After the Christmas success, there was only one day in the calendar to do another Star Wars build. So today that's what we did Malcolm, myself and a group of veterans stuck various Star Wars kits together at Tedworth house Tidworth. It was a fantastic day with lots of participation from both veterans and staff.

image.jpg

this is a selection of the builds.

thanks Modelsforheros.