This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Help For Heroes Needs Your Help

Still need to find a box for my lot :rolleyes:  Bump for visibility too :)

That's great news Malc.  My box will be leaving here soon, and I'm just waiting for a member that lives nearby to pop over & chuck a few more kits in there to bolster the kitty :)

....and bump for visibility :)

Excellent Mike. It has just occured to me that I am at alot of Modelling shows this year. Im at Milton Keynes, Avon, Farnborough, Abingdon, Salisbury and Romsey. Which ones are you going to? I can be convinced to go to others if it means it will help guys with postage cost.

Were up to £185 on our crowdfunding now.

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/modelsforheroes

Edited by malcchilds
correction

Would a donation to justgiving be acceptable towards purchasing models? Joe. 

Thank you Malc, good luck with your cause. 

A great idea Malc - donation made towards a very worthy cause.

Drat, another thread I've missed - & I cut up a really good box today, now I'll have to find another one!

Shall have a trawl through the stash tomorrow and get some kits & bits sent off in the next couple of days. Am I right that it's still OK to send acrylic paints through the Royal Mail? 

I'll send a link to this thread to the guys in the club too, I'm sure they'll pitch in with some stuff - we've all got far too much!!

ATB

Keith

55 minutes ago, CedB said:

A great idea Malc - donation made towards a very worthy cause.

hi Ced, thank you Sir.  That money will pay for some supplies that i'm missing. Namely glues at the moment.  A serviceman o woman will have their fingers stuck to a spitfire soon all because of you. :) Thanks again.

Box sent!

Christian, exiled to africa

And a box is on it's way from sunny Swansea too Malcolm. It's just gone Parcel Force 48 signed for, so hopefully with you by Friday.

ATB

Keith

This is a superb idea and wonderful cause. 

I was encouraged by relatives to get into model making,  due to disability/hospital stays as a child.

I'm so happy that I was, because it is extremely therapeutic and enjoyable. It's fantastic to see it recognised as a great way forward in recovery.

Moreover these days, it leads to meeting other modellers on this great forum :):thumbsup2: .

I'm in Oz, so won't be able to post paints, but will put together a big box full of a variety of kits  from my far too big stash this week. I'll spread the word here; it's ANZAC day soon and we all want to do our bit for all serving/recovering service men and women; proud of them all.

All best regards

TonyT

On 30/03/2017 at 13:37, wyverns4 said:

Great idea! I am back in the UK next week so I will have a sort through and bring back what I can and post on.

Christian, exiled to africa

Wyverns, the parcel arrived today. thank you so much!!

PwL3CJK.jpg

It is a leaning tower of kits!!  The servicemen and women are going to have a grand old time making these.

On 11/04/2017 at 16:22, keefr22 said:

And a box is on it's way from sunny Swansea too Malcolm. It's just gone Parcel Force 48 signed for, so hopefully with you by Friday.

ATB

Keith

And Thursday it arrived!

Fantastic box of kits Keith thank you.

The generosity shown by Britmodellers has been over-whelming.

Found a few more kits that I could spare, so it's on the way to you in the morning - 8.5kg! :lol:

12 hours ago, Mike said:

Found a few more kits that I could spare, so it's on the way to you in the morning - 8.5kg! :lol:

Would have been cheaper to hire a Transit than post them Mike...!! :thumbsup:

Keith

:lol: you're probably not too far from the mark, but I'd have also had to hire someone to drive it ;)

On 10/04/2017 at 17:18, Mike said:

That's great news Malc.  My box will be leaving here soon, and I'm just waiting for a member that lives nearby to pop over & chuck a few more kits in there to bolster the kitty :)

....and bump for visibility :)

It has arrived safely and I'm very grateful for the quality kits you have donated. It's truly heart warming, the lengths that some go to helping others.  These kits will be infront of our wounded very soon. Thanks Mike!!!!!

You're most :welcome: Malcolm - it's been a pleasure to be involved with this.  Like I said the other day though it was nothing, apart from a trip into the loft which almost ended in disaster because I forgot to lock out the retaining bolts that stop the sections from moving.  Oops! :blush:

Good luck with the rest of the campaign, and we look forward to seeing some of the results :)

Are you alright for stuff now or still looking?

I got back into model making as a result of a change in health circumstances - can vouch for the benefit of something to do while resting that keeps your mind and hands occupied 

7 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Are you alright for stuff now or still looking?

I got back into model making as a result of a change in health circumstances - can vouch for the benefit of something to do while resting that keeps your mind and hands occupied 

Hi! Thanks for you message. Yea we are always going collecting and accepting donations.  Im glad you agree on the health benefits of Modelling, it is a little known and seldom shared fact. 

The address is on the original post and the website. Www.modelsforheroes.co.uk 

I certainly found it a better way into mindfulness than colouring in books. It has its moments of frustration but certainly for me it helps. 

I was always busy at work and really active (ultramarathons and triathlons) but developed chronic fatigue problems after donating a kidney a couple of years back. I'd always used sport as a way of destressing and quieting my mind but not having that outlet and having to cope with the abrupt change in personal circumstances left me with some real issues. Modelling has been a good way to both occupy time, learn something new but more importantly develop different coping skills. I found meditation recommended by a counsellor a bit ovine but getting absorbed in making something tapped into the same bits of brain.

Am cleaned out by folks fundraising associated with the London Marathon but will bung a donation your way come payday

What another great way to help these service men and women such a simple idea but the benefits can be massive. I will look to see what I have and winkle some bits out for you, is it mainly 1/72 you are after? How are you for paints and brushes? Lots of questions....sorry.

Cheers Gary