1/48 - Gloster Meteor F.Mk.4 & T.Mk.7 resin conversion sets from Alley Cat - released

Homebee

A2Zee is preparing in the Alley Cat range (?) 1/48th Gloster Meteor F.Mk.4 and T.Mk.7 resin conversion sets.

NF. variants being also looked at. 

Conversion sets for Tamiya Meteor F.Mk.III or Airfix F.Mk.8?

Source: http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/

To be followed

(...) Plus maybe the odd conversion for the new 1/48 Meteor! (Mk4 and 7 are underway, NFs being looked at)(...)

(...) in 1/48 the grey resin parts of the new Meteor Mk4 (clear still en route).(...)

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

It says "the new Meteor" so has to be the Airfix F.8. No-one would call the Tamiya kit "new".

Furthermore, if the F.4 conversion contains clear parts that proves it's for the Airfix kit because an F.4 has the same canopy as an F.3, but a different one from an F.8

• Like 1

Good news! A T.7 has been on my "want" list for quite some time - there are a few aeroplanes I think look (even) better as two-seaters and the Meteor is one of them.

The Classic Airframes kit is old and rare and therefore in my opinion way too expensive for what you get compared to today's standard. I was actually starting to think about making a T.7 myself someday...

J

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2018 at 7:05 AM, Homebee said:

I'll tell you what, with the PR9 nose the Alleycat F4 tail and the easy addition of a couple of rounded wingtips  you are more than well on your way to a PR10! 

Selwyn

(Plotting  for even more Meteor variants!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Did this set ever get released?

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record now, but it amazes me what isn't available for some kits.

Dont think its released yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

Did this set ever get released?

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record now, but it amazes me what isn't available for some kits.

1 hour ago, Julien said:

Dont think its released yet.

It's on his website to order but without a price. Just sent them a message to see if it's available yet.

• Like 1

"The Meteor Mk4 and Spitfire PR4 conversions for the Airfix Meteor Mk8 and Spitfire Vb will be live in the next couple of weeks, as cast up and just awaiting the final instruction writing...."

From their homepage...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That's it!!! 

https://www.facebook.com/AlleyCatModels/posts/1380085192192005

Order here: https://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/meteor-t7-conversion-6632-p.asp

Things are still creaking forward, sorry moving forward! The creaking is just my knees and ankles...

In amongst the various bombs and Beaufighter bits, a long planned set has arrived and is ready to go: Gloster Meteor T7 conversion for the Airfix F8. Under Aircraft Sets - 1/48 - ref. AC48062C - at £20.

104432000-1380083645525493-3329784701484

104452604-1380083472192177-8906947127606

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, 71chally said:

That's got to be huge seller, well done Ali!

That is NOT MINE I do not own Alley Cat any more not done so for 5 or more years, It is owned by Alec Smith