Here goes..

Brit-in-RI

Hi everyone, 

Found this site while looking for tips on modeling.  I did a few kits as a youngster, i remember a Spitfire (which I believe was 1:24) and a Saturn V at 1:144.  I have been working on a Buccaneer 1:48 for about 20 years (still a long way to go).  My interest was recently rekindled by a relative who started visiting from UK.  

I have a Vulcan underway which I am using to learn and practice on before returning to the Bucc. I want the Bucc to be display-worthy, but am a perfectionist so not sure if this will happen. The interest in Buccs stems from 4 years working on them in the 80's.

Have lots of questions and a willingness to learn how to do this things properly.  

Two icons there..Buccaneer and Vulcan.

20 years though!  Puts my 10 years on the An-22A into perspective.

Look forward to see it finished. 

Hopefully the correct colours (FAA) but I'll let you away with an RAF one :whistle:

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2017 at 19:16, Scimitar said:

Two icons there..Buccaneer and Vulcan.

20 years though!  Puts my 10 years on the An-22A into perspective.

Look forward to see it finished. 

Hopefully the correct colours (FAA) but I'll let you away with an RAF one :whistle:

I think I would like to complete my Bucc and then the other two V bombers, then...

I was reading a history of RAF Lossiemouth and began to think 'What if I build one of every aircraft that was based there'. Now that sounds like an ambitious  project if every I heard of one.  Fleet Air Arm Buccaneer S1, Hunter T7, Shackleton, Tornado, Jaguar GR1 and T4... Hmmm

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

:welcome: aboard... Saturn V was a kit I remember from my childhood too, but I think mine was the Airfix one.  Those were the days ^_^