No more shopping.

skiny

Well looks like my shopping days are over.Went to the metro centre with the wife for a look for a mirror and thought have a look in the crafts department.Didnt get mirror or any paints or such so called in to Hobbycraft on the way home .Parked right outside the door ,into shop,seen the models on the back wall that was a hundred feet along.50 paces in, all stop .Chest started to go into respiratory failure,After 15 minutes screaming in the aisle we managed to get back to the car and came home. So its model shopping at Amazon from now on.Up next Airfix English Elecrtic lightning f2.Im thinking of doing this in all black,(opinions please)Any problems i should made aware of.

33575920965_b79cfa6fb5_h.jpgf2a by skellitor59, on Flickr

plenty of online shopping options available apart from Amazon...

re  the Lightning

this has some actual  build tips

www.ipms-clacton.org.uk/assets/airfix-1.72-lightning-f2a.pdf

http://www.ipms-clacton.org.uk/assets/airfix-1.72-lightning-f2a.pdf

which look helpful,  in particular care with the intake

HTH

T

Interesting narrative: who was screaming; you or Mrs Skiny?

Also interesting colour scheme choice.  One of the former Thunder City T. 5s was painted gloss black.  

Biggest gotcha is likely to be the front section of the ventral tank where it meets the rear section and the tailpipe assembly.  For the latter you might want to remove the locating ribs inside the rear fuselage and/or thin down the front face of the rear bulkhead so that you can push the tailpipes and their "8"-ring fully home.  The airbrake s don't fit very well either, you'll need some thin plasticard behind them to bring them flush with the surrounding skin.

16 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

100 feet of models and all you came home with was a single kit?

Amateur.......

:penguin:;)

I didnt even get a kit, this is one of the stash.:nah:

• Like 1