1/72 - SNCASO/Sud-Ouest SO.9050 Trident II by MikroMir - released

Homebee

I'm liking this, I can feel a WHIF coming on...   ...just when did the French introduce the Bleu scheme on their Mirages (something tells me early/mid 1970's)?

Slap on a couple of Matra 530's from a Heller Crusader, perhaps a couple of Sidewinders for company, et Voila!

I think I'll be getting one of these...

• Like 1

Wez,

And imagine it updated as if it were in service for a couple of decades.  Plenty of extra bulges and conduit covers and antennas and such.  Perhaps an inflight refueling boom tucked tight - but externally - on the fuselage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madoc said:

Wez,

And imagine it updated as if it were in service for a couple of decades.  Plenty of extra bulges and conduit covers and antennas and such.  Perhaps an inflight refueling boom tucked tight - but externally - on the fuselage.

Now there's several ideas to be going on with...   ...:hmmm:

42 minutes ago, Wez said:

Now there's several ideas to be going on with... 

Indeed.

Just look at what folks have done with the "Espadon" from the old "Blake & Mortimer" tales.

The SX-2 Swordfish is depicted as having lasted in service well into the 1980s and has all the aforementioned bulges, bits and bumps to show for it.

http://blake-jacobs-et-mortimer.over-blog.com/l-espadon-en-video

• Like 1

There's some funky stuff there Madoc, I hadn't thought of going to those extremes but maybe now...   ...link bookmarked, it will help with my French practice!

8 hours ago, Madoc said:

Wez,

You could also look at the differences between the first operational F-16A in 1979 and what the F-16E/F Block 60s that are flying now.

I wasn't thinking of going that far,I was thinking for instance of the changes made to the EE Lightning to make it a viable operational aircraft, maybe I need to think more laterally...

9 hours ago, Wez said:

I wasn't thinking of going that far,I was thinking for instance of the changes made to the EE Lightning to make it a viable operational aircraft, maybe I need to think more laterally...

Wez,

That might be more "time appropriate" since they both were flying at about the same time.

18 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Well how about this for a development idea.......Dan LeDare would be proud.

SNCASO Dever

Looks fantastic doesn't it?  Just needs some unit markings to go with the codes.

48 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Well how about this for a development idea.......Dan LeDare would be proud.

GM,

Ain't it great!  The Dever had it all!  Vertical take off and landing.  Prone pilot.  Missile only armament!  And that Sharkit rendering is very nicely done to boot!

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2131.30

49 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Bet Le Trident one engine out in the landing circuit would be "interesting".

Meh.

Just kick the rudder over a bit and pull back a tad on the stick.  Problem solved!

Piece o' cake!

:worry:

• Like 1

And that Sharkit rendering is very nicely done to boot!

Been toying with the idea for some time....mind you this would be rather nice  and along the same lines,

Heinkel 231-3

I hope they do the Nord 1500 Griffon, the world's fastest-looking penguin.

Must agree Edward.....still got the 1/48 and 1/72nd FM ones to finish, a magnificent looking aircraft.

Back to the Trident and there were two options built, the original SO-9000 Trident with it's lower undercarriage, detachable nose and triple exhaust layout of the SEPR 481 triple chamber motor, (the early aircraft used a couple of wingtip mounted Marabore jet engines soon to be replaced by the more powerful Vipers hence the different nacelle shapes).

Trident 1

Trident 1

And the taller legged, (to allow for missile carriage) SO-9050 Trident II with redesigned gear doors, ejection seat and twin exhausts of the SEPR 631 twin chamber rocket engine

Trident II

Trident II engine test

Also how about adding a dummy MATRA , (possibly early R-511).

Trident II with Matra fitted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Sud-Ouest SO.9050 Trident by MikroMir - 3D renders+box art - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SNCASO/Sud-Ouest SO.9050 Trident II by MikroMir - 3D renders+box art - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SNCASO/Sud-Ouest SO.9050 Trident II by MikroMir - 3D renders+box art+sprues - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SNCASO/Sud-Ouest SO.9050 Trident II by MikroMir - released
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...