T-90 and Jagdpanther - Revell 72nd

Stu

Hi,

Bookending my 35th Panther build I've completed a couple of Revell 72nd AFV's.

First up a T-90S (if that's the right version) of the Indian Army. The desert camo was extrapolated from a couple of web pics. Surprised at first by the number of parts but it made for an interesting build. The only part I really struggled with is the boil-in-hot-water tracks. One went on tolerably well but the other ended up as a sort of DIY link-and-length but thanks to the skirts isn't too obvious.

Airbrushed with Tamiya mixes and given a home concocted wash and dry brushing. The base is my attempt at a bit of Indian desert to give it a bit of context. I'd happily build another of these, the Algerian one looks interesting.

T90-1_zpscipv8kxt.jpg

T-90-2_zpsbjttiglc.jpg

T-90-3_zps206ayivb.jpg

Second up is a Jagdpanther built basically OOB though I finished it in plain Dunkelgelb as I wanted to try the AK Interactive stuff I picked up at OnTracks - a wash and a streaking grime.

My first encounter with link-and-length tracks. That was interesting with a couple of errors that had to be rectified so the nice deep skirts have their uses. Compared to theT-90 it's a fairly simple kit so I was mildly annoyed to find they didn't include the four towing eyes which I had to badly bodge as their absence,  once realised, grated.

The main paint was Gunze with the AK stuff used over it. The one thing with 72nd, something I've told many times, is less is more so  the weathering has been keep down. This was kept to one pass with the airbrush then walk away. Pleased with the result

Jagdpanther-3_zpsshytmn3g.jpg

Jagdpanther-1_zpsoeuhpecm.jpg

Jagdpanther-2_zpsd1aqrctr.jpg

As always any comments, advice, pointers, etc appreciated.

Cheers

Stu

• Like 11

Both of those are superb Stu - beautifully built and finished. I have the Revell T-90 in the stash so I have bookmarked this for future reference - thank you! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1