Anyone want to contact me, 3D printing required.

Wafu

It's as the title says really, I'm looking for one of you bright technical chaps or ladies, who can turn a project into life?

The scale is 1/32, the subject is a Rotorhead and maybe the blades. I have loads of technical data (paper) and could get very detailed photos if required. 

PM me please if you think you can help.

cheers the Woo.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I started a similar thread to make an 18" diameter nose wheel for a Sea Vixen in 1/32nd. It works out at around 18mm/ 3/4" diameter. I used an image of the nose wheel from the Airfix 1/48th kit, measured with a digital Vernier and  I found a couple of local companies and I've just had a quote:-

£50 to load the design onto an Objet printer - needed to get the required detail

£30 for the CAD work

£80 all in......

Bring me my plastic card and tube and I'll spend a day or two fettling one!!

Simon

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Simon

that kind of answers a question in my mind.  I have two 1/32 kits of a rather rare subject and both are limited run and the manufacturer long gone.  One has a missing jet exhaust and I could make a copy from the same part in the other kit.  Not being skilled - er not having done resin copying at all I was thinking about whether this could get done like the OP.  It think I'll try and revive my childhood skills of balsa, talc and dope.

On 21/08/2018 at 13:33, Simon Cornes said:

£50 to load the design onto an Objet printer - needed to get the required detail

£30 for the CAD work

£80 all in......

Bring me my plastic card and tube and I'll spend a day or two fettling one!!

Simon

On 2/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, JohnT said:

Simon

that kind of answers a question in my mind.  I have two 1/32 kits of a rather rare subject and both are limited run and the manufacturer long gone.  One has a missing jet exhaust and I could make a copy from the same part in the other kit.  Not being skilled - er not having done resin copying at all I was thinking about whether this could get done like the OP.  It think I'll try and revive my childhood skills of balsa, talc and dope.

You could be right John. The likes of GasPatch do absolutely beautiful 3-D printed machine guns where you can see right through the cooling jackets. Absolutely amazing and relatively cheap for about £15 for a pair but I think it makes sense to fall back to 'proper' modelling when you want a 'one off' and you can see how to do it. Its not like I'm trying to make canopies, that is a different thing altogether!

Simon

@Simon CornesIf you send me your drawing, I'll see what I can do ref drawing it up on Solidworks. I look after my faculties 3D printers and can use our projet 3600 to print it out. Can't promise a timescale as it'll be when I haven't got any teaching or project work.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the offer. I will dig out my e-mail trail and forward it on to you to have a look at. I was at Clifton Curios today (not your neck of the woods!) and we were only talking about 3-D printing and saying that modellers think/expect an aftermarket wheel to cost maybe £5 - based on what True Details charge for a set of 1/32 B-24 wheels for example and so there is a disconnect between what we expect and what a 3-D printer charges.Until that link is establish then 3-D printing is way to expensive. The only exception I can think of is GasPatch where their 3-D printed accessories are beautiful but still at a price, whilst albeit expensive, is affordable with a little stretch of the imagination,

Best regards

Simon