This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Well here it is finally done. Two-ish months work. (Did a couple f-16's and finished a tomcat concurrently)

In summary, it had the Eduard cockpit etch added, resin barrels and main wheels. Also a Montex insignia mask set. 

More detail in the WIP here:

Finished almost exclusively in ak products. 

In a nutshell - 

Primed with stynylrez, 

Main camo colours from the air series. Basics and equipment for detail painting, sprayed markings and variation in camo colours. Rubber and chipping colours obvious. 

Metals - burnt for exhaust, gunmetal for barrels and Alu as a base colour to chip the props. 

Panel liner washes used depending on background colours. 

Gauzy for stencil decals and sealing for the washes. Satin and Matt final sheen. 

Hope you like it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking. 

Tony

Very fine and tidy work !!!

I love it a lot.

Congratulations.:clap2:

:goodjob::worthy:

She's a beauty

Fantastic Job Tony - love the shading & panel lines (I struggle with panel lines) :clap2:

Lovely build and skilful finish! To my eyes, at least on the photos, the panel joints, especially on the wings, look way too emphasised. Perhaps I'm too much into realism… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

31 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

To my eyes, at least on the photos, the panel joints, especially on the wings, look way too emphasised.

Thanks mate. 

You'll have to take that up with Mr Hasegawa because thats how the kit comes 👍🏿

They do seem a bit deep for 1/72 but thats me being a bit harsh I think. 

I dont think there is the 'perfect' model out there of anything by any manufacturer? They are representiations after all... 

I think that panel lines 'in scale' would be non-existent and then eveyone would moan about a smooth moulded kit? 

Superbly done,a beautiful made kit, like the cockpit especially.

panel lines, Hmmm, I think yours are great, and I like that type of detail on all kits made up.

The arguments around this practice can fill books, are job is to make a object look interesting, and lines do appear on real subjects, truth is, it's weathering, museum exhibits are very clean and new vehicles are, but once used, look to have different shades, museum pieces some time look unreal as do cars in show rooms, soon dirty once out side.

Spectaklier !  That's some fine work on the splinter camo, and excellent restrained weathering- bet she looks stunning in person.   

Outstanding work Tony, she looks an absolute beauty.  The cockpit glazing is stunning and the cockpit itself looks like you could sit right in there and start her up.  Fabulous work.

Phil

Another stunning kit. You never disappoint. :worthy:

Ace work. Again. Great stuff. Love the slight wear on the bomb fins and UC doors.

John

That looks great. Just the the right weathering for that plane. A bit much for me on the panel lines ( Just for The Spadgent :winkgrin:).

Cheers for all the support lads 👍🏿

...just been back for a second gander at the pix - I am looking to build the ICM 1/48 when it is released later this year...

I had never seen that cunning little tail gun before - who was in charge of firing it & did it take down any unwitting airmen???

It often amazes me when building a model the amount of detail you find that you have never noticed in photographs of the "real thing".

Great job / great detail / great pix :)

Thanks for sharing.

Really nice Tony, followed your WIP & now I've spotted this, definitely the icing on the cake. That is as nice a He111 as I've seen I reckon. :thumbsup:

Steve.

That is a lovely neat job, beautifully finished and masked . . you could never get that close to any of my models so I really appreciate the work on that canopy.

Not a great fan of dirty panel lines but a mighty fine replica anyhow!

1 hour ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Not a great fan of dirty panel lines but a mighty fine replica anyhow

I thought that they're quite restrained personally... :D

Just shows how varied all our tastes are, which is a good thing. 

Life would be pretty boring otherwise! 👍🏿