31 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

To my eyes, at least on the photos, the panel joints, especially on the wings, look way too emphasised.

Thanks mate. 

You'll have to take that up with Mr Hasegawa because thats how the kit comes 👍🏿

They do seem a bit deep for 1/72 but thats me being a bit harsh I think. 

I dont think there is the 'perfect' model out there of anything by any manufacturer? They are representiations after all... 

I think that panel lines 'in scale' would be non-existent and then eveyone would moan about a smooth moulded kit? 

• Like 3

Superbly done,a beautiful made kit, like the cockpit especially.

panel lines, Hmmm, I think yours are great, and I like that type of detail on all kits made up.

The arguments around this practice can fill books, are job is to make a object look interesting, and lines do appear on real subjects, truth is, it's weathering, museum exhibits are very clean and new vehicles are, but once used, look to have different shades, museum pieces some time look unreal as do cars in show rooms, soon dirty once out side.

• Like 1

Outstanding work Tony, she looks an absolute beauty.  The cockpit glazing is stunning and the cockpit itself looks like you could sit right in there and start her up.  Fabulous work.

Phil

• Like 2

...just been back for a second gander at the pix - I am looking to build the ICM 1/48 when it is released later this year...

I had never seen that cunning little tail gun before - who was in charge of firing it & did it take down any unwitting airmen???

It often amazes me when building a model the amount of detail you find that you have never noticed in photographs of the "real thing".

Great job / great detail / great pix :)

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

That is a lovely neat job, beautifully finished and masked . . you could never get that close to any of my models so I really appreciate the work on that canopy.

Not a great fan of dirty panel lines but a mighty fine replica anyhow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Not a great fan of dirty panel lines but a mighty fine replica anyhow

I thought that they're quite restrained personally... :D

Just shows how varied all our tastes are, which is a good thing. 

Life would be pretty boring otherwise! 👍🏿

• Like 1