Howdy!

jb2_86_uk

Morning all,

I’m John from South Yorkshire. I used to always have an airfix model on the go during my childhood, I remember my first, a Red Arrows Hawk in 1:72, purchased from the Finningly Airshow sometime in the early 90’s. It remained unpainted, vast streams of cement weeping from every join and a smothering of sticky finger prints all over the canopy (helping to mask the red plastic cockpit & pilot!). If I remember rightly, the decals went as far as a couple of wonky stripes, the tail plane design and a couple of roundels. I did plenty more models during my childhood, mainly military aircraft until interest fizzled out and computers and gaming became a more popular childhood hobby.

A couple of years ago I bought a B-29 as a bit of a fun and to take me back to my childhood. I really enjoyed constructing it, taking care to do a good job (rather than just rushing to complete the model and run around the house with it making airplane noises and firing imaginary sparrow missiles at my sister!). Painting that beast with a little brush was enough to send me to HobbyCraft and get hold of a cheap canister-powered and suction-fed Airbrush. Since then I have built a number of other models and collected a little tool-box of blades, files, tweezers, clamps, brushes and paints – but having seen what you guys on here can do, I feel like I am back in my pre-teens, getting paint on the table top and leaving sticky finger prints everywhere. Next on the shopping list is a proper compressor and airbrush, this forum has already given me some great information for when I start shopping!

Since the B-29, I have mainly been doing cars, a Ferrari 458 road car, a couple of Ferrari F1 cars (640 & F1-2000), my WIPs are a Red Bull RB7 and Mercedes CLK GTR. I am expecting the Revell Tigermeet Tornado in 1:32 being delivered any day now, and already have my eyes on a 1:32 Eurofighter after that. I’m on the look-out for some normal decals for the Tornado (no particular Force or Squadron, I am just not keen on the Tigermeet livery it's coming with) and also a 1:24 or larger scale modern Ferrari GT car I can paint with a custom livery (Yep, I’m a bit of a Ferrari nut!). If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

I’m looking forward to absorbing info from here like a sponge and hopefully one day being able to contribute.

Here’s my mug doing what I love the most, committing flagrant acts of aviation!

Requena%20Pics%20001_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Welcome to the Forum 

Where abouts in God,s own County  are you 

There,s a fair few Yorkies on here 

D

Thanks D!

I am just east of Sheffield. Funny, I had noticed a few other folk here from Yorkshire, must be something in the air... or the pubs! :drink:

Cheers

JB

15 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

They don,t like to admit how many we are :hmmm:

Barnsley guy here doing penance down south 

Aha, I have done my time down south too, most recently a 4 year tour of Berkshire & Wiltshire ending last year. Nice to be back "Up North" now though