Erj 195

Hi

I know that welsh models make a conversion kit to make the revell e195 a 175. It seems to include the shorter fuse and the different engines. Are these the only differences or am I right in believing the wings are different to.

Thanks 

The wings and tailplanes are different, in both, span, chord and shape. Though the fin appears to be the same area between both.  See:

https://www.flyembraer.com/irj/go/km/docs/download_center/Anonymous/Ergonomia/Home Page/Documents/APM_195.pdf

https://www.flyembraer.com/irj/go/km/docs/download_center/Anonymous/Ergonomia/Home Page/Documents/APM_175.pdf

I'm a great supporter of Welsh Models, but a bit puzzling as to why they've offered such a conversion.  

Darren

2 minutes ago, Darren Rhodes said:

The wings and tailplanes are different, in both, span, chord and shape. Though the fin appears to be the same area between both.  See:

https://www.flyembraer.com/irj/go/km/docs/download_center/Anonymous/Ergonomia/Home Page/Documents/APM_195.pdf

https://www.flyembraer.com/irj/go/km/docs/download_center/Anonymous/Ergonomia/Home Page/Documents/APM_175.pdf

I'm a great supporter of Welsh Models, but a bit puzzling as to why they've offered such a conversion.  

Darren

Hi

Thanks for the info

I to am a fan. But if the wings are wrong then there is no point doing the conversion.

Thanks 

In fairness to Welsh Models they don't suggest that their E175 fuselage is to convert the Revell E195.  It's designed to convert the Hasegawa E170 and that is clearly stated on their website.

7 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

In fairness to Welsh Models they don't suggest that their E175 fuselage is to convert the Revell E195.  It's designed to convert the Hasegawa E170 and that is clearly stated on their website.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/WHCV33

It also says on there website the same thing on the conversions page. They offer two kits. One for the revell and one for the hasegawa.

Thanks

19 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Actually I beg to differ! From the Hannants website but text has clearly been taken from Welsh Models website:

WHCV33: Embraer EMB-175 resin fuselage and appropriate engines for type, plus Air Canada JAZZ Express decals included (designed to be used with Revell Embraer ERJ-195 kits). On the Welsh website it states: "Embraer EMB-175 resin fuselage and engines + Air Canada Express decals to convert Revell's EMB-195". 

WHCV35: Embraer EMB-175 resin fuselage and appropriate engines for type, plus LOT Polish Airline decals included (designed to be used with Revell Embraer ERJ-195 kits). On the Welsh website it states: "Embraer EMB-175 resin fuselage and engines + LOT decals to convert Revell's EMB-195"

Hannants even have a Welsh conversion listed going the other way(!), not listed on Welsh Models: 

WHCV54: Embraer EMB-190 vacform fuselage, resin engines and decals for British Airways - to be used with Hasegawa Embraer EMB-170 kit. (designed to be used with Hasegawa kits)[J-Air Embraer 170]

I'm sure in practice these are 170 to 175s and 190s from 195s as that's all that would make sense.  

Darren

Hmm..  very odd.  

Obviously I stand corrected but I looked at buying the Welsh conversion fuselage a few months back and I'm absolutely positive the website said it was for the Hasegawa E170 which would make a lot more sense than the Revell E195.  Possibly I saw what I expected to see or confused myself because I was also looking at the BraZ conversion which is clearly stated to be for the Hasegawa kit.  :confused:

In the event I opted for the BraZ conversion because I could get it with Royal Jordanian decals.  In hindsight I'm not sure it was a good choice although that's a separate discussion.

Thanks Dave, t'is confusing! I remember seeing the kits listed as Futute Products on the Hannants weekly kit list and it thought it didn't seem right and so stuck with me.   

I've bought the full Welsh Embraer 190 kit (only way to get BA decals, the things we do!) and was worried the wing might be wrong, but it's matches the Revell 195 kit very well.  

Good look with your BraZ conversion! If my disasterous attempt at an A340-600 conversion is anything to go by, you might need it! ;-)

Darren

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to be a late arrival, but the differences between the 195 and 170 are enormous. The bits that are the same are fuselage cross section, nose and rear fuselage. The rest is different. Not by much but enough. The biggest obvious changes are the gear (totally different), engines and pylons. The rest is similar. The difference between a 170 and 175 is fuselage length (and a few internals).

PM

• 5 weeks later...

To the best of my recollection, the Revell E-195 did not exist when the E-175 conversion was issued; or am I recalling the BraZ conversion which was produced in connection with Draw Decals that I carefully put away in the Hasegawa E-170 box for which it was intended. Wasn't aware of the extensive differences between the E-170/175 and the E-90/195. Seems like the BraZ conversion and Hasegawa E-170 are the way to go for an E-175. The bonus is that you get to build Hasegawa's only 1/144 kit and you have the choice of several nice schemes from Draw Decal. Mine will be Royal Jordanian.

The E170/175 and 190/195 are very substantially different and I still have no idea how or why anybody would use the Revell 195 as the basis for a 175.  

I'm not sure if there is any tie-up between BraZ and Drawdecal but the Royal Jordanian decals supplied with their E175 fuselage are screen printed and look very nice.

One small correction - the E170 isn't Hasegawa's only 1/144 airliner.  They also make a rather good YS-11 which has been on the market for many years.