1/48 - SNCASO SO.8000 Narval resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all....I've got the first issued kit in my desk right now.....The first castings, must admit.....I find it an excellent kit, but must be honest...

-Firts thing first: It's not a kit for rookies...Needs some dry fitting and multiple teTs fitting before glueing anything in place. The twin tail booms can be (IN FACT, they are) a nightmare to get properly alligned. Not a problem about the kit quality, but related to the subject in itself, with a weird fuselaje layout.

-_Both the cockpit and wheel wells will benefit from some scratchbuilt detail.....No much info about the real thing, so we prefered to represent a generic thing, rather than including a spurious cockpit. 

-In my example, some tiny bubbles appeared on the wing surface, nothing that a light coat of Mr. Surfacer, or even a primer won't solve.

Otherwise, a nice kit of an esoteric subject...

Finally, we'd like to please beg you to make us know about any issue with these kits, once you receive them. Our goal is producing better kits, and any advice will be listened with great interest. 

Best regards from a (unusually) rainy Tenerife....

Arturo Navarro

IPMS Canary Islands.

IPMS UK

Edited by Artie
  • Like 4